• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Is Anyone Paying for the Wolves vs Palace Game?

Yes, I'll definitely be paying for it. I'll do that for all the Wolves games on PPV

Paying it isn’t the problem. Just purely principle.
If grounds were full and I was too lazy to go to Selhurst Park again or a midweek game I couldn’t get to because of work and the club were putting on the game, then I’d pay to watch it.
Paying a 3rd party for it though when there is zero increase in cost (they have cameras and commentators at every game), increased advertising revenue and literally abusing the fact I physically can’t go. No thanks.

There is an increased cost if you want a full scale broadcast.

If they were just popping back out the international feed (watch one of our hooky streams where invariably Tony "for me" Gale is commentating on a 3pm away day kickoff - it's very bare bones) then that would be fair, but they aren't, on the insistence of the Premier League.

I'm no defender of either Sky or BT but they are not to blame on this one.

I won't be paying for it but that not due to any moral stand and flicking the v's at the greedy clubs/PL/Sky/BT or whoever. Its mainly due to the fact I will be out and by the time I get back it won't be worth spending money on

I think they are missing a huge trick here. Season ticket holders should get coverage for free. A years season ticket for TV should be only is £5 a game up front. Ad hoc games I suggest 9.99.

I would sign up for a season ticket straight away at that price. Under £200 a year and no travel. Done.

Lets face it. Fans are not getting in anytime soon are they. Best put a constructive plan together

There is an increased cost if you want a full scale broadcast.

If they were just popping back out the international feed (watch one of our hooky streams where invariably Tony "for me" Gale is commentating on a 3pm away day kickoff - it's very bare bones) then that would be fair, but they aren't, on the insistence of the Premier League.

I'm no defender of either Sky or BT but they are not to blame on this one.
I’m not arsed listening to Carra or Redknapp know less about the team than I do. I just want to watch the football. I know others will he different but I’m not fussed.

Considering a ST came out at Just over £20 per game, to charge £15 for the TV is ridiculous.

If it was through WolvesTV it wouldn’t be so bad, you’d just be angry at the club for ripping you off but at least it’s going to your club.

Arsenal might be able to charge £15 a game as their Match tickets are ridiculously expensive. But it’s not the same for Wolves. Clubs should have the power over this and should set their own prices much like they do with match tickets.

In the States I get around half our games on Peacock for $5 a month. The other half I find a dodgy stream - sometimes they're great and sometimes not. I've had commentaries in foreign languages and games regularly freeze especially towards the end of the game. Last season I missed our 3-2 winner against City, Spurs 2-1 winner against us, and Chelsea's 5th against us.

No way would I pay fifteen quid if I lived in England.

Aye, but that's not the discussion.

The Premier League want the full fat product on every game. There's your cost, to pretend it doesn't exist (whether you care about it or not) is not fair.

I’d pay for an online season Ticket if I’m still on the waiting list for a physical one - but not at £15 a game, (pretty much what I pay for sky sports for a whole month), and whilst I can get it for free elsewhere.

Just seems daft tbh. Price it better then I’d change my view.

You'll always be able to get it free elsewhere. Like I didn't need to go to the cinema and pay £20+ for me and the missus to watch Tenet.

Comes down to a choice about how to spend your cash unless you’re so minted it doesn’t matter.

I don’t see the value in £15 for a game of football I can watch for free elsewhere. I wouldn’t pay that to go to the cinema either unless it’s a helluva special movie.

I’m coming round to the idea of paying. I want to watch the game and I want the proper production rather than a shite stream. Mulling it over but I suspect I will bite the bullet. I don’t like doing so but I want to watch my team.

There's no value in me spending £30 a head in a restaurant. There's no value in birthday cards. There's no value in flowers.

I can find pretty much any premium TV series without needing to subscribe to Netflix or Amazon or Sky. Same with films.

There's no value in me spending £3.50 a pint in a pub when I can get four pints for £4 down the Co-Op.

Could cut my hair for free if I wanted to, there's a tenner saved next week.

If I took that point of view with everything then I suspect I'd have a fairly shit life. And I'm far from minted, I'm a fucking writer. Exactly how well do you think 2020 has gone...

It's your club, support them or don't support them.

I actually agree with most of that list tbh. Birthday cards are pointless. Give them a pint and hug, much better. I got clippers so don’t go to the barber, saves a fortune and I don’t have a dramatic haircut anyway.
Flowers are bullshit. I buy them for the mrs occasionally but she’s not that fussed either.
Pubs are a special occasion thing because as you say, you can have friends over and drink cheaper from the supermarket.
a restaurant is a bit different unless you can cook that quality of food (and because then you don’t have to cook).

life’s not shit though - I just don’t waste money, and have cash for stuff, life or experiences.

but yknow, each to their own. £15 to watch tv isn’t my bag.

Mate, I'm 40 in less than six months. I doubt I'll double that, based on family history and the ill-advised shit I've done.

I have no dependants and never will.

You can't take it with you. I'm alright paying it so I definitely get to see us, you carry on as you are :)

I’m not here to tell you what to do mate - just giving my views on me. Hopefully we win, you watch it on tv and I’ll get a decent view elsewhere!

Still in two minds. Begrudge paying this shit really but would rather be watching on the TV on the comfort of the sofa than on my PC monitor on the computer chair.
If i ever watched illegal streams I'd probably use the browser on my xbox and watch it that way.

There's no value in me spending £30 a head in a restaurant. There's no value in birthday cards. There's no value in flowers.

I can find pretty much any premium TV series without needing to subscribe to Netflix or Amazon or Sky. Same with films.

There's no value in me spending £3.50 a pint in a pub when I can get four pints for £4 down the Co-Op.

Could cut my hair for free if I wanted to, there's a tenner saved next week.

If I took that point of view with everything then I suspect I'd have a fairly shit life. And I'm far from minted, I'm a fucking writer. Exactly how well do you think 2020 has gone...

It's your club, support them or don't support them.
This sounds like a man trying to justify spending £15 to watch a game of football on the tv...

(Disclaimer: I’M JOKING 😉)

I spent £10 watching us lose to Stoke in the League Cup, and I give absolutely zero fucks about the League Cup. I'm no barometer for anything.

Back