• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Is Anyone Paying for the Wolves vs Palace Game?

I’d pay for an online season Ticket if I’m still on the waiting list for a physical one - but not at £15 a game, (pretty much what I pay for sky sports for a whole month), and whilst I can get it for free elsewhere.

Just seems daft tbh. Price it better then I’d change my view.
Out of interest, once fans are back in grounds paying £x to attend games, what price to you think is acceptable to pay to watch on TV? A 3pm Saturday game for example

Out of interest, once fans are back in grounds paying £x to attend games, what price to you think is acceptable to pay to watch on TV? A 3pm Saturday game for example
As I said before, probably £5-8, I’m quite comfortable watching on my iPad. I’m happy to pay more to be at the game, but not to watch on tv. The game is the same on both.

Yeah I won't be paying for the service... at a fiver I think I would. Maybe slightly more as PQ says.

As I said before, probably £5-8, I’m quite comfortable watching on my iPad. I’m happy to pay more to be at the game, but not to watch on tv. The game is the same on both.
Seriously? You would kill crowds at football with that.

Not sure how you can expect to pay £5, when fans at the ground pay £25-30 minimum - as Paddy says, it would harm attendances

I don’t think you would. Certainly not me.

I don’t think the majority of people go to live sport just because it’s the only legal way to watch it. Wolves is a sell out whether we’re on Sky/BT or not. Same goes for most the clubs In the league.

I don’t ‘just’ go to the games for the football - it’s the atmosphere, the singing, watching the game in the flesh is very different to watching on tv. I go because of the experience of watching the Wolves with my boy.

I’m on the waiting list for season tickets for me and my son, even though we’d probably only make half the games for those reasons - I’m happy to pay for the whole lot to attend half.

but I disagree with paying loads to watch it on tv, it’s not value to me over watching it on the iPad for free.

I may or may not have happily paid £5 each away game in the championship using a vpn and fake name but I think £15 is too much, should be £5 to £10 for me

I may or may not have iptv now because I'm a scoundrel

If you are clueless on free ones, one rhymes with Nuttybite, one rhymes with Hespole and one rhymes with Givemeredditdreams

Seriously? You would kill crowds at football with that.
Now I dont see that. How long is the waiting list for a season ticket at Wolves 3 years? 5 years? Offering a TV season ticket to those on the list as a stepping stone to a season ticket and earning loyalty points would be a brilliant bit of genius marketing. Its the TV money that runs the premier league not your crowd numbers. I regularly try for match tickets but since promotion the opportunities have been very very ,limited. I would still want to go to matches but great TV coverage would be a fantastic second place that I would happily give £150 a season for.

And if youre in another Country you could still be a TV season ticket holder. It takes Wolves supporting global. It is just the sort of thing that FOSUN would want I believe.

The cycle of attending the game has already been badly broken by the pandemic. If you offer everybody the chance to see every game for say a fiver each on the box, then plenty will take that rather than pay thirty before transport beer food etc to actually go. Especially as times are clearly going to be financially stressed for many for the foreseeable future.

I may or may not have happily paid £5 each away game in the championship using a vpn and fake name but I think £15 is too much, should be £5 to £10 for me

I may or may not have iptv now because I'm a scoundrel

If you are clueless on free ones, one rhymes with Nuttybite, one rhymes with Hespole and one rhymes with Givemeredditdreams
i'm afraid i'm in the clueless category - no idea what they are.

If ppv were 5-8 quid, not sure that would affect attendances once we're back to having fans in stadiums, ppv would just stop then surely? so we'd be back to sky/bt and illegal streans
Not sure about paying atm, I usually go round my lads house to watch, Friday night looks like being the last time I will be able to do this for the foreseeable so might stump up for that one

I'd happily pay £10 per game, as long as a percentage of it went to Wolves Community Trust for their charity work. Say 25%.

That's £380 per season, minus the games which would be picked for live broadcast. Add in Cup/European games and the club would still be getting a very decent wedge from me every season. And I'd still want to go to a few games every season too.

Surely there are more fans who would happily pay the cash every week than those that go to every home game, especially those living large distances away from Wolverhampton and those living abroad. They'd make much more than usual on every away game too.

The cycle of attending the game has already been badly broken by the pandemic. If you offer everybody the chance to see every game for say a fiver each on the box, then plenty will take that rather than pay thirty before transport beer food etc to actually go. Especially as times are clearly going to be financially stressed for many for the foreseeable future.
I think when we are able to, people will flood back to be honest.
God knows one of the most challenging things for me the past few months has been missing the matchday experience. Fucking hell, I'll say it, I have missed you lot. That contact, friendship, laughter, jokes and stuff, hell I miss being kicked out your seat repeatedly.

Nothing about watching the game on tv/laptop/motd replicates what I have got out of matchdays in recent years.

I hoped that when I was lucky enough to be able to attend, I appreciated it, and was grateful for the luck. That's been re-enforced throughout lockdown.

The argument it will kill live attendance is akin to home taping kills music, which became downloading and napster will kill music and so on.

Fucking hell, what I wouldn't give right now to spend an evening freezing my ass off in the SB with a couple of mates, and lots of random strangers. And then look forward to a brief soft drink/catch up and chat with wonderful friends afterwards.

Fucking hell, what I wouldn't give right now to spend an evening freezing my ass off in the SB with a couple of mates, and lots of random strangers. And then look forward to a brief soft drink/catch up and chat with wonderful friends afterwards.
You could always pay the £15, me and Pablo could come round and watch it through an outside window, we'll even chat to you afterwards, all problems solved :)

As long as LJ is paying I'm Ok with that

I'm still in two minds, but will probably stump up to watch the match in HD.

Think I’m going to pay it.

Back