• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Israel-Palestine

I see Ms Trumpella is talking again and essentially doubling down on her comments from last week.

Current has the PM by the bollocks and is squeezing them...he seems to like it though.

Because it’s a racist giving it large thinking he’s untouchable and can do what’ he wants, suddenly being told “actually no you can’t son, go home” from about 200 feet away( 65 metres if you want metric) think neves volley vs derby but with a bottle, it was that good a throw
I can appreciate the technical ability of the throw. But not sure thowing bottles at anyone is the way to in improving community relations 😆

Fuck em, might make him think twice about being a racist

SNP vote calling for a ceasefire loses, 293 to 125. The 125 suggests around 50 Labour MPs had a backbone. 4 shadow cabbers resign.

Ridiculous from Starmer. You can understand his early stance (although he got in a muddle on that with his choice of words) due to the work needed after Corbyn left. Now a ceasefire to allow humanitarian aid in, whilst acknowledging that any breach would mean the return to conflict is a safe bet considering the opposing sides record. They’re not going to agree to one anyway.

Jess Phillips going is a huge kick in the balls for Starmer. She and Angela Rayner have always been big backers of him.

He's got this wrong, big time

I've said this on the Starmer thread, I think he's done very little right other than watch the other lot disintegrate, not being offensive and knowing when to not say anything. He's a country mile off Blair leading up to the '97 election in similar circumstances with regards to the Government running on empty. He offered hope and difference, Starmer offers nothing other not being the Tories.

The only way I say this ending now is if another Arab state gets involved militarily and gives Israel something to think about. He's badly misread the room - and the situation - on this one. I half suspect that the only reason he's taking this line is to not feed into the whole Corbyn/friends of Hammas narrative and harm his electabilty

The only way I say this ending now is if another Arab state gets involved militarily and gives Israel something to think about. He's badly misread the room - and the situation - on this one. I half suspect that the only reason he's taking this line is to not feed into the whole Corbyn/friends of Hammas narrative and harm his electabilty

Hang on... Do you actually think a UK opposition leader calling for a ceasefire would have any effect on Netanyahu, let alone Hamas??

Not directly, of course not - but it's got to snowball from somewhere, the pressure has to build to get a ceasefire. Thousands of children have died in the last five weeks, and that won't stop until Israel feel pressure and haven't got the world's leaders just parroting self defence

I mean, I think the views of our actual government and actual Prime Minister, the EU and the US would probably hold more weight.

Then there's the added complication that neither party actually in this war want a ceasefire.

Israel want to avenge a terrorist atrocity, and Hamas want all Jews dead (and have stated this explicitly)

I mean, I think the views of our actual government and actual Prime Minister, the EU and the US would probably hold more weight.
Well yes, that's obviously what I mean by by building pressure, surely if it's not even getting pressure from the opposition then it's got no chance. That said they've basically just told the UN security council to shut up and fuck off

Well yes, that's obviously what I mean by by building pressure, surely if it's not even getting pressure from the opposition then it's got no chance.

All of those figures and bodies I've mentioned agree with Starmer. It's not like he's an outlier.

He's the leader of a mainstream political party in a democracy, and as such will tend to tentatively support other democracies against terrorism, probably in the hope of reciprocity should such horrors befall the UK.

Time will tell whether that's the right play, but it's hardly surprising?

I'm trying to see all the different perspectives here and it's bloody complex, much more so than you'd think by glancing on Twitter. I swear some people commentating on social media actually think this was a binding vote on a ceasefire in a war we're not even in...

Israel aren't fighting terrorism. They're killing civilians as revenge. It's pointless death. It achieves nothing at all. They're not killing soldiers or terrorists, save for a a small percentage that may as well be accidental as well as incidental.

Time will tell? If it's not obvious now then it never will be. They're indiscriminately flattening hospitals, residential buildings, schools and refugee camps, using the full might of one of the world's most well funded armies against an open air prison. Fish in a barrel.

People keep saying its revenge for October 7th without ever accepting that October 7th *was* the revenge. This is Israel making sure their foot remains on the throat of Gazans, that the rats know their place and don't try and fight back again. Just take their beatings and their slither of land and the killings and denial of resources and say and do nothing for fear of reprisals 20 times stronger and more damaging

Back