• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Israel-Palestine

For me the ceasefire situation is simple.
Return the hostages (which is a totally illegal no no)
Get a ceasefire.

Hamas have at the top of their political agenda the total destruction of the state of israel, and the extermination of ALL jews.
Now as this is the political ruler of 2,000,000 gazans, self proclaimed forever in power, after one election in 2006, who the fuck in his right mind is going to trust a word they say.

I know there is too much shit on the interet and who knows what to believe, but today i saw a video filmed by one of the HAMAS terrorists, showing their passage through the two blown border wires, into the first kibbutz.
This was clearly filmed by hamas attackers (or Metro Goldwyn Mayer), and they were totally obsessed animals.
Find it, watch it and then comment please.

I was there for part of it (N I), and actually0 IN one of the birmingham pub bombs( the Tavern, yeah lucky fucker) but i am offended by anyone who compares the IRA to these hamas animals, please stop it, thank you.

Last edited:
A 3 or 5 day truce, and they get a significant amount of hostages back, then they can go back to bombing the shit out of Gazans, win win for Israel, surprised they haven't agreed.

I can't believe this shit.
Hamas is attempting use the hostages as bargaining chips, where are we, Vegas?
Swap them for prisoners held by israel, swap them for a ceasefire...but all of them not 1, 6, 50.
Taking one hostage is illegal in international law, end of.
Fuck me, why not play rock, pare, scissors for them.

A 3 or 5 day truce, and they get a significant amount of hostages back, then they can go back to bombing the shit out of Gazans, win win for Israel, surprised they haven't agreed.
What a fucking totally stupid thing to say.

To counter, you are happy with the state of Isreal bombing the shit out of the entirety of Palestine because a small number of terrorists carried out an unspeakably awful attack over a month ago?

I'm glad you weren't in charge when a small number of mindless IRA terrorists were bombing Belfast, Derry and parts of the mainland UK... The pictures of tanks and aircraft bombing shit out of the Falls Road would have been quite the sight.

Your posts seem to spare no thought for the innocent Palestinians caught up in all of this...

Are you asking me questions or just answering for me?

Of course I'm not happy about it, and I've already stated that Israel shouldn't be doing this recklesslessly; what I'm questioning is the simplistic way in which a ceasefire is being presented, and how it completely misses the point about what either party involved actually want.

Also, I don't recall the IRA ever being the government of the Republic of Ireland, so I'm not sure what your tasteless second paragraph is all about. A dig at my Irish heritage? Or just a nonsensical analogy?

of course, I'd rather a more moderate group be democratically elected in a free Palestine.

Why didn't you say that when you presented your 'solution' then? You had barely anything to say about Hamas, and seemed perfectly content with them remaining in power until I mentioned it

Tbh there's very little between the actions of Hamas and the IDF. There may be methodological differences but a dead baby is a dead baby. A dead civilian Jew is as upsetting as a dead civilian Muslim

You don't think there's a clear distinction between the deliberate, targeted murder of civilians and the deaths of civilians that result from attacks on military targets? You do know there were Nazi's at Nuremberg who agreed with you?

Did he really, though?

Read the post. He mentioned Hamas and the IDF with complete equivalence, no mention whatseover of Hamas not remaining in power.

If he wasn't content with them remaining in power he surely would have said so? It's the crux of the war and stated aim, from Israel's POV, isn't it? The destruction of Hamas?

As citizens of democratic countries, why wouldn't we prefer a Gaza with a stable, democratically elected government, rather than a bunch of genocidal Islamist barbarians? Yet it's hardly ever mentioned.

Is it?

Genuinely, what have Israel got to lose by that truce? They get some hostages back, which is surely what they want? And then in 3 or 5 days they go back to business.
So the hostages for you are simply pawns in the game, jeez.

A) it's never been offered by Hamas, not even a hint, and....
B) 50 is not 240.
A) it has, as per the two articles I posted above which is where this topic started, and you got involved in!?

"Hamas has agreed to the general outlines of this deal, but Israel - which has since bombarded and sent forces into Gaza - has not and is still negotiating the details, the official said."

B) So it's all or nothing in your mind? What weird logic is that? Surely you are actually devaluing the lives of the hostages by having that mindset.

Get 50 hostages back and safe with their families, then work on getting the last 190.

Or just continue to have all 240 missing.

Why didn't you say that when you presented your 'solution' then? You had barely anything to say about Hamas, and seemed perfectly content with them remaining in power until I mentioned it
Fucking hell, I didn't write a 78 page PowerPoint plan, soz. I've said on numerous occasions that what Hamas did was despicable, and that I'm 100% against the deaths of civilians. I'd thought it would sensibly follow that I don't like Hamas and wouldn't want them involved in a free Palestine

You don't think there's a clear distinction between the deliberate, targeted murder of civilians and the deaths of civilians that result from attacks on military targets? You do know there were Nazi's at Nuremberg who agreed with you?

The difference is you believe the IDF are solely going after military targets and the civilian deaths are accidental or unavoidable. I disagree.

Back