• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Jake Livermore - Life ban?

Do we know for a fact that it isn't crack? Which is a form of cocaine?

Even if it's not crack, cocaine in any form is highly mentally addictive. Much moreso than, say, marijuana or alcohol. He absolutely should be counseled.

I think we can be fairly sure he isn't taking crack.

I assume counselling will form some part of any ban but I doubt he needs it or that it will make the slightest bit of difference to him. He's simply an extraordinarily wealthy young man with far too much time on his hands and not enough common sense.

Quite. I'd be a right bellend if I was a footballer tbf. What's the point in being young, fit and rich if you're not going to snort coke off a model's tiddies?

Hope he doesn't go the same way as Chris Cornes

Quite. I'd be a right bellend if I was a footballer tbf. What's the point in being young, fit and rich if you're not going to snort coke off a model's tiddies?

Not sure you'll quite make it as a politician :)

Prat? The guy obviously needs some help, not to get beat down even further.

I hope the suspension he gets also carries mandatory counseling.

Absolutely he needs help if he has addiction issues but nobody has suggested anything along those lines.

As an elite athlete he is a total prat for accepting recreational drugs in the very first instance. He has brought his club, the premier league and most importantly his own professional reputation into disrepute for a line of Charlie. Let us not lose sight of the fact that he was tested positive after a game.

He's a bored young male with more money than sense, and he's going to pay the price. He's no different to some city slicker type who goes out to high end bars and fills his nose with junk IMO.

I would have thought all Premier league clubs would do their own drugs testing as part of the sports science section of the club so that all players are close to optimum performance.

Recreational drug taking happens nowadays in most aspects of life, so sportsmen are hardly likely to be any different.

Back