• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Jeremy Corbyn

Rees-Mogg is the one for me. When he was called "a man of the people" despite being the antithesis of "a man of the people", well, what can you do.

I think we are slowly getting there. Johnson has been getting absolute pelters all week and Dacre is gone. It's slow progress but these idiots are being called out for what they are.

America is different.

I agree. America is different. The ruling elite are what they are because of money, not class. I appreciate and enjoy the lack of class-based societal stratification (that's why I live in Canada) but hypocrisy is rampant everywhere.

Yes, Lammy. And fewer, not less.

I broadly agree with his beliefs. He is a good man. He is an excellent speaker.

Boris Johnson fits none of that so clearly in a one on one fight, I'd go with Lammy.

I do believe though that our society is so racist (or at least, that racist core has been brought to the forefront by the likes of Farage and yes, Johnson) that we wouldn't even consider a black Prime Minister.
Agree there, Lammy has done incredibly well to get where he is and is clearly very intelligent. People's opinions of him and Abbot say way more about themselves than they think.

Agree there, Lammy has done incredibly well to get where he is and is clearly very intelligent. People's opinions of him and Abbot say way more about themselves than they think.

Ah the classic “I’m not racist but...”

Starmer would be popular with the PLP. No chance with the membership as it currently stands.

It depends who he was up against. He is one of the few candidates that could appeal to the PLP that has managed to stay onside with the Labour leadership - if it was a choice between Starmer and Kinnock he would walk it.

The problem at the moment is that if Corbyn stood down, there is no other Corbynite candidate who would get sufficient nominations from the PLP due to the current leadership election rules and if a leader from "the right" of the PLP was successful they would be saddled with policies from "the left" of the party. Until wither the political make up of the PLP changes, or the leadership election rules are changed there is no real path for a Corbynite successor...with the possible exception of Starmer - but would he really want to be leader in name only?

As I broadly agree with the current policy platform, I have to accept that at the moment that means I am stuck with Corbyn.

Not for long. When he loses the forthcoming election having lost votes, vote share and seats then his position will be untenable.

Not for long. When he loses the forthcoming election having lost votes, vote share and seats then his position will be untenable.

May was supposed to wipe him out in the last election

It will still depend on the make up of the PLP, I don’t think there can be changes to the leadership rules until Sept 2020 and unless there is an obvious successor to Corbyn who will get in the ballot paper he will limp on.

Thoughts on the PLP.

https://truthout.org/articles/zionist-campaign-drives-black-jewish-activist-out-of-uks-labour-party/

"The Labour Party is not one body. It depends whether you are referring to the Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP) or the power structures within the Labour Party. The PLP still remains a Blairite party and does not reflect the membership. And so, this is where the conflict between … the old/new Labour and the new/new Labour is being played out… on this ground of anti-Semitism. It could have revolved around other issues, but none gained the same kind of traction"

May was supposed to wipe him out in the last election

And yet he still lost to Theresa May. A woman with the personality of a concrete block and the ability to match.

Just let that sink in a minute.

And yet he still lost to Theresa May. A woman with the personality of a concrete block and the ability to match.

Just let that sink in a minute.

May went on with a good majority and expected to wipe the Labour Party out, with the full support of the mainstream media branding him a terrorist.
If the SNP hadn't lost Scotland to the Tories, Labour would have won the election... Let that sink in...

If my Aunt had bollocks she'd be my Uncle.

There is no way on earth that Scotland should be in the hands of the Conservatives and if you think they should roll the SNP over in their heartland then maybe your auntie does have a pair
The simple fact is that the SNP screwed up at the last election and it has cost the Country

Could argue Labour fucked up their election in Scotland as well

May went on with a good majority and expected to wipe the Labour Party out, with the full support of the mainstream media branding him a terrorist.
If the SNP hadn't lost Scotland to the Tories, Labour would have won the election... Let that sink in...

Not quite. The Conservatives would still have been the largest party. Labour would have needed a pact with the SNP + Libdems + Greens to form a government with approx 324 seats.

Conservatives 317 less 13 in Scotland = 304
Labour = 262

Wtf do the Tories think they are doing.
5f05e6ff5240f5790dc865fdfdb1d5f8.jpg

Glorious that the social media team are seemingly confused as to what KFC are, in their eyes they are a large chicken.

And JFC seems to stand for totally spineless chicken. So many wins for them there

They are going strong on the chicken line. Sent food (chicken if you need to ask) to the press with JFC labels and a little note telling them Jez is a chicken and Boris is ace

Back