• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Was he telling starmer you’ve got to go 4-4-2 or you’ve got no chance

Sam Coates (Sky):'Rishi Sunak said you've only won this election by appealing to the concerns of a section of the community.'

I mean...

He's been involved for absolutely ages, it's not a stunt. Was standing for council elections nearly 20 years ago.

So I’m guessing you didn’t read beyond the word thatcher
Fuck me you can be a nause at times.

Of course i did, and I absolutely despise that Labour are using her name as though she gave us anything positive during that period, which is of course what they are trying to do here. It's cynical and it's bullshit.

The central point is fine I guess, in as much as you have an incoming Government that feels the country needs a reset. I have no idea why Starmer and now Reeves choose to use that witch's name in anything other than loathing though

Last edited:
Particularly as it suggests that she succeeded in improving Britain in the 80s, she absolutely didn't.

It's like a German politician saying they need a radical change similar to that in early 1930s Germany.

Attlee is the model for what we need. Look at what that administration actually got done, in the face of even stronger headwinds than we face now. Radical action delivered by attention to the prosaic detail. People aged 30 or under will have absolutely no experience that even a fraction of this is what politics could be about.

Particularly as it suggests that she succeeded in improving Britain in the 80s, she absolutely didn't.

It's like a German politician saying they need a radical change similar to that in early 1930s Germany.
Godwin’s Law enacted, close the thread.

In case people are interested… I found a ‘Great Lives’ hosted by Joan Bakewell on BBC Sounds on Attlee about a month ago. It dates from 2001, and as a bit of an aside, the views of the ‘expert’ on the show have aged badly in light of recent political events I think. Anyway, it’s only half an hour so a good listen in the background. The speed they got stuff done is amazing. Overall, I’m pleased my second spaniel is named after him.

Back