• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett: Are Wolves his Titanic?

Batth coming back will improve us, but not to the extent that we suddenly become a championship topping team

I think KJ probably has 3 games left. Or at least 3 games before the fans entirely forsake him, whether the board agree or not is a different matter.

Surely it has, we've bought a sub for £1m.

Not going to accept that we couldn't have bought the sub for £1m without the sale.

(Anyway with the state of our armed forces finances could probably have got a sub for less than that off Govt surplus website)

I've never really been convinced with KJ but i'm actually interested are Moxey and Morgan actually restricting who we can get or is it Kenny. For example Moxey told KJ that Sammy Ameobi was available and considering he's on loan from Newcastle isn't on pennies but KJ said no. Plus Kenny has said we put in a number of decent bids for a striker on deadline day so that doesn't strike me as a board who aren't willing to spend. Wolves fans are quick to blame Morgan and Moxey but i'm not sure whether a lot of this is on KJ and the recruitment team.

Moxey said in the fan's parliament that we didn't sell Stears for the money to buy Byrne. He said we'd been looking at Byrne for a long time.

The two moves just happened to coincide.

Not going to accept that we couldn't have bought the sub for £1m without the sale.

(Anyway with the state of our armed forces finances could probably have got a sub for less than that off Govt surplus website)

That's pretty good PLF.

I agree with you about Byrne and I agree with Slink. But I've said so once or twice.

Moxey said in the fan's parliament that we didn't sell Stears for the money to buy Byrne. He said we'd been looking at Byrne for a long time.

And Moxey couldn't have been talking bollocks could he? Not like he hasn't before is it? :facepalm:

I think KJ probably has 3 games left. Or at least 3 games before the fans entirely forsake him, whether the board agree or not is a different matter.
I don't think the board will move till the pressure is overwhelming. They don't want pay offs and new managers expecting investment. They could sell Afobe at next window then sack KJ when it's too late to spend anything. They have no ambition apart from a bigger ground that they can't fill.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I don't think the board will move till the pressure is overwhelming. They don't want pay offs and new managers expecting investment. They could sell Afobe at next window then sack KJ when it's too late to spend anything. They have no ambition apart from a bigger ground that they can't fill.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I think the atmosphere in molineux will become poisonous very quickly unless we turn it around again PNE.

I don't fully agree re the board - Wolves performing well would achieve a higher turnover and therefore more profit - but that's a different discussion/thread!

Aside from losing Sako, the spine of the side which did so well in the second half of last season has been ripped out, some of that was unfortunate (Dicko/Batth), but more was self-inflicted Ikeme/Stearman/Price/McDonald.

Along with that then we decide to change formation and the way we play, I mean so what could possibly go wrong?

From reports last night it seemed we had very little confidence or fight about us. We havent sleep walked into a self inflicted crisis, we have driven full speed into one.

A couple of more defeats especially at home could be the tipping point for Kenny.

I dont blame Kenny solely for this, Morgan, Moxey and Threadwell have their paws in it as well but unfortunately for him the manager carries the can.

Jackett will probably get sacked right after Sam Allardyce and Paul Lambert get new jobs.

Jackett will probably get sacked right after Sam Allardyce and Paul Lambert get new jobs.

I hope so. Any Wolves fan wanting Alladyce is a moron in my opinion. There is a good manager in Lambert but I'm not sure his head hasn't gone.

If Jackett goes that is.

I hope so. Any Wolves fan wanting Alladyce is a moron in my opinion. There is a good manager in Lambert but I'm not sure his head hasn't gone.

If Jackett goes that is.

Warnock can still do a job at this level [/moron] ;)

The problem is that's not what the manager said on the day of the Charlton game, so one of them is bullshitting.

I really hope it doesn't come to this, but failure to beat Preston, a defeat to O'Hara and Stearman's Fulham and a poor start against Huddersfield and I can see a half filled lunch time Molineux being bile filled in 10 days time. I'm not one for the supporters should support, get behind the lads rhetoric, but given the age of the players we have in the team, which now will get even younger with Edwards out, turning Molineux into a poisonous cauldron would be totalling counter-productive and shatter what is already pretty fragile confidence. I hope any dissatisfaction is saved until after the game has finished.

Even with those results and a lot of annoyance about Kenny's tactics and personnel I still think it's the Board that will get the grief first. If he was still here after that and results still hadn't improved then I think it's a month to 6 weeks before a sizeable number will turn on the manager at the ground.

The problem is that's not what the manager said on the day of the Charlton game, so one of them is bullshitting.
I think Jackett just didn't make himself clear. When he said money for other positions I think he meant extra money on top of his existing budget that he could use any way he wanted.

My preference is simple: they have to tick the box which says, "Have they got a team out of the Championship in the last five years?" And the one which says "Do they put round pegs in round holes?"

In terms of the titanic reference, i think the band is starting it's final encore, unless there is a significant improvement.

We simply have to go back to 4231, and accept that Sako is gone and one of the many wingers we have at the club, even one of the kids, has to be given a run in his position.

Back