• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett: Are Wolves his Titanic?

According to Football League power rankings on Twitter Wolves have faced 65 shots at home this season - most in the Championship and 2nd most in England.

Considering that 21 points are available from the next seven games, I would have thought that 10 points would be an absolute minimum.

Steve McClaren may be available soon...

The Iceburg struck on the maiden voyage and this is Kennys third trip into the ocean with Wolves.
In his first two seasons he identified a way to and style of play that suited us and we still have all the players needed to continue with this 4-2-3-1 that has served so well. The fact that he suddenly decided to change the formation as we went into the season was, to me, bizarre. Why change something that is working? Why sign players and then not play them? Kenny said that he would only make signings that improve the starting XI yet these new players are sitting on the bench while others appear to be untouchable/undropable.
I don't want Jackett to be sacked, I want him to play our best XI in the formation that suits the style of play and get us out of this position before it turns into a complete mess.

Great post. 100% agree.

Problem now is KJ has made such a mess of the start of the season by tactics and selections that the morale will be very difficult to lift without a few wins which will be difficult with low morale

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

He just needs to stick to a formation and a strongest XI and trust the players to play themselves back into form. They haven't become bad players all of a sudden.

"Stick your fu#@ing toaster up your arse!! I can think for myself"

Can you explain the above please? I don't quite understand your problem.

Ha ha! I actually googled it wondering if it was a movie quote.
makes no sense to me either!

As for Kenny Jackett I think we should hold our nerve. I still think he'll come good.

As for Kenny Jackett I think we should hold our nerve. I still think he'll come good.

I hope so. Kenny is our most 'likeable' manager for years. However, the main reason for that is that he took us straight out of the Third Division, first time of asking. To be honest, retrospectively, that wasn't such a gargantuan task as we were clearly too good for that division, anyway. Last season, we looked inspired, at times, bar the 'blip' that began in November. Sako was clearly a much bigger influence than I had originally thought. We rode our luck and just missed out on the play-offs. I would question some of the signings and how these players have been deployed. I would also question the team tactics. The biggest question, though, is why are we so 'impotent' and why do we generally lack confidence? The buck has to stop somewhere and, unfortunately, that is Kenny. The next three games will be crucial. I fear that the game at Derby County has the potential to be Kenny's 'Titanic' moment. I hope not. My thoughts are that he has 'hit the ceiling' and that this is as far as he can go. I do not think he has 'Premier League' quality. Prove me wrong, please, Kenny.

I believe what Stuardo is trying to say is that he is a Wolves fan and knows his own mind. He doesn't need fellow fans to get their crayons and sheets out and speak for him :icon_lol:

BLL1OcSCYAALGPK.jpg

toaster-4x367-1032991_478x359.jpg

I guessed it might be something to do with the Toaster banner. If it is he's being a bit harsh. Isn't creating banners what some fans do? Besides, what's the harm and how exactly are they (I know a couple of them) trying to do his thinking for him?

"Just looked out from the bridge 2nd mate, and got a report from the lookout up top and I can't see any icebergs at all! Full speed ahead!"

Back