• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

If the pipe is still spraying $#@! into your bathroom, you should probably fix that first.

I'm not sure how this works as an analogy I just wanna join in.

I like this as an analogy riposte!

Same here.

I'm fairly open minded about Lambert. If Fosun are unimpressed come the summer and decide to bin him I am ok with it (dependant on who they replace him with of course) but if they decide to keep him (barring a disastrous end to the campaign) I will accept it also.

Key for me is getting rid of that mediocre shitehawk Thelwell. I would also like to see Lambert or A N Other working more as a conventional manager than a head coach and bin the mediocre coaching staff who have been around too long overseeing mediocrity and bring in his own people to freshen it up.

Then there's the playing squad...

Conventional manager isn't the answer, if that doesn't work you are back to a rebuild time after time. People need to except that the head coach is not only here to stay, but every where else in the world has pretty much had that sporting director club set up since about 1962, managers more often than not have proved they aren't experts at that multi faceted role, people champion someone like SAF as this however one of his greatest strengths of his total control was delegation and independence of those underneath him to act upon his overall plan.

We are the ones that need to change, we haven't got it right with the first time but overall from the last few seasons we have somewhat. I am not wanting to go back to the likes of a McCarthy where his style and player approach is totally at odds to the youth team to the extent it was virtually pointless having one at the time.

Conventional manager isn't the answer, if that doesn't work you are back to a rebuild time after time. People need to except that the head coach is not only here to stay, but every where else in the world has pretty much had that sporting director club set up since about 1962, managers more often than not have proved they aren't experts at that multi faceted role, people champion someone like SAF as this however one of his greatest strengths of his total control was delegation and independence of those underneath him to act upon his overall plan.

We are the ones that need to change, we haven't got it right with the first time but overall from the last few seasons we have somewhat. I am not wanting to go back to the likes of a McCarthy where his style and player approach is totally at odds to the youth team to the extent it was virtually pointless having one at the time.

Fergusons great ability was changing his assistant every few years so players couldn't get cosy with the number two like it appears here with Edwards. That and knowing when a side had hit its peak and to break it up.

Kidd. McLaren and Quiroz all left to take up manager jobs nothing to do with Fergie getting rid.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fergusons great ability was changing his assistant every few years so players couldn't get cosy with the number two like it appears here with Edwards. That and knowing when a side had hit its peak and to break it up.

Yeah, but what I said still stands. I wasn't talking about assistants. I once read an interview with Hernandez who backed up what an ex Utd coach said at an event I was at, that positional coaches had not only the freedom but the blessing to pretty much do as they felt, as long as it fitted into the overall gameplay/tactics etc. So they could walk up to Hughes, Cantona etc and tell them that there was an extra strikers shooting sessions that day, and that was that.

All of that stemmed from Ferguson, but he wasn't necessarily the one out there doing it or even out there at the time.

Back