• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

A fair comparison. If people are gonna weep over Bielsa's selection choices then I'll weep over Bruno's (he is the manager of our club).

Why didn't Leeds recruit well enough to be able to cope with a couple of injuries too? Seems like goalposts are being changed. Are we criticising the managers and the performances they're able to elicit or the infrastructure and transfer dealings of the respective club's hierarchies?
In season injuries are different to those you entered the season with...but you already knew that.

Leeds' injuries were the reason they were there for the taking today, Bruno's tactics were the reason we didn't do that. In other games it'll be our weak recruitment, but not today.

A fair comparison. If people are gonna weep over Bielsa's selection choices then I'll weep over Bruno's (he is the manager of our club).

Why didn't Leeds recruit well enough to be able to cope with a couple of injuries too? Seems like goalposts are being changed. Are we criticising the managers and the performances they're able to elicit or the infrastructure and transfer dealings of the respective club's hierarchies?
It was, on paper, a good time to be playing Leeds and we ought to have at least tried to take advantage of it. That's all people are saying.

We drew away at a tricky place to play. We could have lost 5-2 to Watford at home!
We played guff i admit, but you have to move on to the next one.

It’s always gutting to drop points due to an injury time penalty but we could all see it was coming and we got what we deserved.

I’m not very impressed with Lage at the moment. Apart from a brief glimpse of attacking football in the first couple of games, it’s all gone a bit Nuno Mk 2. I know he was hamstrung by Jeff in the summer but he is not helping himself.

Today was awful to watch. I had to force myself to keep watching the last 15 minutes as I knew we would eventually concede. They were poor and, having scored in the first 10 minutes, we should have been looking at a comfortable win rather than 80 minutes of pressure.

We are just patternless at the moment. I don't see what he's trying to achieve.

Not so disappointed with the result but the performances are getting worse by the week. This was Championship level stuff against a pretty poor Leeds.

Donk put in a shambles of a second half and Hwang went AWOL too.

I think if we'd continued the way we had after the first three games I think we'd been in the same position we are now with a pattern of play and something I could see the change from Nuno was worth it.

At the moment it's shit and a rancid watch.
Semedo also put in a shambles of a performance. I lost count of the number of times he lost possession, it was more than I could count on one hand. On one occasion I'm sure he even managed to give the ball away twice inside 3 seconds. As bad a performance as you'll get all season from anyone.

In season injuries are different to those you entered the season with...but you already knew that.

Leeds' injuries were the reason they were there for the taking today, Bruno's tactics were the reason we didn't do that. In other games it'll be our weak recruitment, but not today.

The injuries distinction is yours, not mine.

People are saying that we weren't playing the best team Leeds could field. Well, Leeds weren't playing the best team we could field either. And they were at home.

I want to see us marrying points and performances as much as anyone, but if people's expectations are so unrealistic that a draw at Elland Road is greeted like a shameful defeat then I don't know what else to say, but I'm certainly not going to join in with the entitled belly-aching

People are saying that we weren't playing the best team Leeds could field. Well, Leeds weren't playing the best team we could field either. And they were at home.

I want to see us marrying points and performances as much as anyone, but if people's expectations are so unrealistic that a draw at Elland Road is greeted like a shameful defeat then I don't know what else to say, but I'm certainly not going to join in with the entitled belly-aching

PK, I think people are saying with the team we had available it was disappointing not to see us be abit more ‘brave’ as they were clearer weaker than what they normally are. Irrelevant of our injuries.

There are some positives to take, it’s not all negative, but I think in this case it is fair to question our set up, selection to a point. Bearing in mind I’m pretty happy go lucky and in the ‘traore friendship bubble’ with you, I found today fairly disappointing

I want to see us marrying points and performances as much as anyone, but if people's expectations are so unrealistic that a draw at Elland Road is greeted like a shameful defeat then I don't know what else to say, but I'm certainly not going to join in with the entitled bellyaching
I always love the way you deliberately ignore context to offer your contrarian viewpoint

Well, that was just shit. We performed like a league 1 side away at a top ten PL club. Absolutely zero intent, awful retention, and panicked clearances. Moutinho, Kilman, Coady and Sa the only ones to escape with remote credit.

I just don't get why Bruno hasn't tried to find a middle ground between the football played in the first three games, and this reductive, Brucey bullshit. There's no patterns, no invention, no discernable style. It looks like he's sacrificed his footballing principles to just blob his way to 45-50 points.

He's SHOWN he can get good football out of these players, the abandonment of it is incredibly frustrating, and needs to change or it'll cost him his job.

Nothing entitled about the criticism at all I don't think. The performance was woeful. People are commenting on that, not the result. Everyone is happy to come away with a point we didn't really deserve. But that performance was really not good. Can you honestly recall us stringing together a quality run of passes and remember us retaining possession through good play? I can't, and honestly, being able to pass to your own teammates should be a bare minimum requirement to be in the team. We had too many players today who didn't meet that standard IMO. Not to mention one player in midfield who simply NEVER meets that standard.

Back