• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I always love the way, you deliberately ignore context to offer your contrarian viewpoint

I mean, I do love a contrarian viewpoint, but I genuinely didn't think we we that awful, and the game didn't make me anywhere near as pissed off as it has others.

I just thought it was a bit unadventurous and backs against the wall. Didn't find it boring or hugely troubling. Not even 10 games played yet.

not that unusual when a team get an early goal to get a bit more defensive but this was not acceptable

I think he means, you said words but they had all the depth of a puddle.
Oh I see, I didn't realise my opinion was so important.

Anyway, I'm not that upset by the performance. High pressing teams have been out Achilles heel for a long time. We aren't good enough to either be consistently good or be able to play poorly and still get a result.

We were 4 minutes away from getting all 3 points and still scraped a point away from home so I'm not too unhappy.

He's SHOWN he can get good football out of these players, the abandonment of it is incredibly frustrating, and needs to change or it'll cost him his job.

I see where you're coming from to a degree, but his job security won't be decided by online purists.

While he's getting a decent points haul and his players are playing for him, his job looks pretty safe to me

ACEC1A30-E335-4CD5-8F61-ACEBD9460DFB.jpeg
Slightly concerned by Bruno if he’s going to come out with this kind of BS. At no point during that game were we “in control”.

You cannot “control” a game of football with 30% possession, or whatever it was.

Please don’t go down this route, Bruno. We don’t want to hear it.

I see where you're coming from to a degree, but his job security won't be decided by online purists.

While he's getting a decent points haul and his players are playing for him, his job looks pretty safe to me
If that was the case there was no point making the change was there. The whole point was supposed to be a new more attacking style

I mean, I do love a contrarian viewpoint, but I genuinely didn't think we we that awful, and the game didn't make me anywhere near as pissed off as it has others.

I just thought it was a bit unadventurous and backs against the wall. Didn't find it boring or hugely troubling. Not even 10 games played yet.
It's not the result. It's the score I predicted, it's the way we went about it. Both Mick and Nuno at times tried to defend leads like that, when it works it's fine, when it doesn't it's rightly criticised. In 2021 good teams don't do that though, they look to counter and get the second...we didn't.

Anyway, I'm not that upset by the performance. High pressing teams have been out Achilles heel for a long time. We aren't good enough to either be consistently good or be able to play poorly and still get a result.

We were 4 minutes away from getting all 3 points and still scraped a point away from home so I'm not too unhappy.

It was more the question asked was likely hoping for more expansion and you played a fairly low risk response. Just made me chuckle. Nothing personal. Just me and my simple mind

Our Achilles heel other than when we beat them twice last year. I think most of us can grasp being happy with the points total but concerned about the lack of pattern of play. I continue to find the complete change peculiar. Anyone watching the games knows we haven’t been deliberately playing the low press of Nuno (like it or not, doesn’t matter), we’ve just been strangely lacklustre. Be interesting to see what we try and do against Everton.

View attachment 4514
Slightly concerned by Bruno if he’s going to come out with this kind of BS. At no point during that game were we “in control”.

You cannot “control” a game of football with 30% possession, or whatever it was.

When Lage joined I really wanted him to bring his attacking football and with the first 3 performances he did (and spoke at length with DW about it too even though he wasn't convinced).

I have absolutely no idea what has gone on but since the win at Watford it's been sandpaper to the eyes in the main (the Newcastle performance was ok in patches).

Now this kind of sound bite shows he's either clueless or there's something else at the club going on behind the scenes because that shit he's come out with is Saunders-esque.

Our Achilles heel other than when we beat them twice last year. I think most of us can grasp being happy with the points total but concerned about the lack of pattern of play. I continue to find the complete change peculiar. Anyone watching the games knows we haven’t been deliberately playing the low press of Nuno (like it or not, doesn’t matter), we’ve just been strangely lacklustre. Be interesting to see what we try and do against Everton.
I don't think today's game was much different from the games we played against Leeds last season, except they scored today.

If that was the case there was no point making the change was there. The whole point was supposed to be a new more attacking style

Lots of strong conclusions being made after less than a 1/4 of the season.

It would be lovely if by now Bruno had done in 9 games what Nuno failed to do in 38 and get us playing lovely attacking forward that also yielded shit loads of points, but I don't think it's that easy.

Happy to be patient, trust it's being worked on behind the scenes and that we're still picking up very respectable points while it's happening.

We now have two fewer points after 9 games than the first season back in the top division.

View attachment 4514

We used to control games without the ball under Nuno quite well.

Back