• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I’m not sure what we’re supposed to be currently.

Same as we were last season. A side in transition but without the players to effect it properly. Hopefully we can go some way to improving that in January

A couple of decent signings in January plus the return of Neto will raise my expectations. Until then I anticipate us to be consistently inconsistent.

I don't think today's game was much different from the games we played against Leeds last season, except they scored today.
My point was only that I thought we shaped up quite well against Leeds compared to other teams, because of our low block. That was strategic. We didn’t shape up so well to other teams, often those with a lower / no press it seemed to me. We were just poor today, as we have been against other teams, including Newcastle for example. I’ll say again: I’m happy with the points on the board but concerned with our puzzling performances. Seems a reasonable position. Alternatively we could all not express an opinion until the authorised point in time in February.

I hope we see something more assertive / progressive against Everton, I’d be pleased.

A couple of decent signings in January plus the return of Neto will raise my expectations. Until then I anticipate us to be consistently inconsistent.

Tbf even one decent signing plus Neto, and more game time and integration for the likes of Sa, RAN, Hwang, Raul and Trincao should make a difference?

In other words CRAP. But this time last week we were all on a massive high, in another game we shouldnt have won.

Spoken like a man that looks at stats and results without actually analysing the game. Today was 2 points thrown away, that was on Wolves and Bruno with the game management. It's nothing to do with inconsistency, today we chose to defend a 1-0 lead for 80 minutes and failed. There is no inconsistency argument, it's just poor tactics and execution. Hang on you get kudos, fail you get pelters

Last edited:
I just hope Bruno finds performances like this unacceptable, if the game was played for another 5 minufes we would have lost.

Spoken like a man that looks at stats and results without actually analysing the game. Today was 2 points thrown away, that was on Wolves and Bruno with the game management. It's nothing to do with inconsistency, today we chose to defend a 1-0 lead for 80 minutes and failed. There is no inconsistency argument, it's just poor tactics and execution.

Spoken like someone who's never managed a top flight football team but thinks they know best.

How do you know if we'd gone for it it wouldn't have played into the hands of an aggressive team (and crowd) and we could well have ended up with zero points?

Tbf even one decent signing plus Neto, and more game time and integration for the likes of Sa, RAN, Hwang, Raul and Trincao should make a difference?
TBF TBF RAN although an excellent attacking threat, was abject at defending on several occasions today, I know it was one of very few starts so cannot condemn him but he was poor at his main job today

Spoken like a man that looks at stats and results without actually analysing the game. Today was 2 points thrown away, that was on Wolves and Bruno with the game management. It's nothing to do with inconsistency, today we chose to defend a 1-0 lead for 80 minutes and failed. There is no inconsistency argument, it's just poor tactics and execution. Hang on you get cudos, fail you get pelters
We will have games where we play poorly for whatever reason, today was one of those.

We don't have the best manager in the league and probably a bang average squad. Expecting consistency is ridiculous

Spoken like someone who's never managed a top flight football team but thinks they know best.

How do you know if we'd gone for it it wouldn't have played into the hands of an aggressive team (and crowd) and we could well have ended up with zero points?
Agreed. I for one only come on hear to listen to the opinions of ex top flight managers. I definitely don’t expect this place to be full of fans expressing an opinion solely on the basis of watching for many years. The cheek of it.

We will have games where we play poorly for whatever reason, today was one of those.

We don't have the best manager in the league and probably a bang average squad. Expecting consistency is ridiculous
Nobody had said go for it, it's just not sitting in and hoping for the best, which is what we did when our defenders really aren't very good. There was an inevitability about the equaliser.

It's also not about consistentcy, it's about managing the game you are playing

Spoken like someone who's never managed a top flight football team
tenor.gif

Agreed. I for one only come on hear to listen to the opinions of ex top flight managers. I definitely don’t expect this place to be full of fans expressing an opinion solely on the basis of watching for many years. The cheek of it.

Expressing an opinion? 😅 Do me a favour... the forum is full of know it all's who act as if their opinion is the word of the Almighty.

Sometimes it needs to be pointed out that we're all just nobodies watching a match

Expressing an opinion? 😅 Do me a favour... the forum is full of know it all's who act as if their opinion is the word of the Almighty.

Sometimes it needs to be pointed out that we're all just nobodies watching a match
Some nobodies are more equal than others 😉

sitting in and hoping for the best, which is what we did when our defenders really aren't very good.

Really? The fella whose brain fart gave away the penalty came from Barca and cost us the best part of £30m

Back