• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds (A) 6/8/22 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donk is gonna play. May as well come to terms with it now.

Of course but it's whether he starts or brings him off the bench. I'd personally start with Hwang up top and see how that goes, if we can grab a goal or 2 then donk on to solidify. It's not as if Leeds are defensively solid, they've leaked goals consistently.

Don’t think Hwang is fit to start just yet. That game on Sunday seemed to be the first time he played substantial minutes. I’d rather start Donck than him anyway tbh

Hwang up front is a much better option than watching Dendoncker run about contributing not much of anything.

I’d rather line up how we did against Sporting than watch Hwang control the ball further than I can kick it

Don’t think Hwang is fit to start just yet. That game on Sunday seemed to be the first time he played substantial minutes. I’d rather start Donck than him anyway tbh
That game on Sunday seemed to be the first time he'd ever played football. He's always like that though so I'm not sure it had anything to do with his match fitness.

Hwang or Donk, bloody hell. Flip a coin.

Fuck Donk and fuck Hwang, we can just about field an eleven without them. Pointless bodies that offer fucking nothing

Ronan could be useful against a team like Leeds. Showed in the bits I saw of him preseason that he was comfortable under pressure which they'll need to be against a high press, been too easy to shut a conservative Wolves team down with that tactic in recent years. Wouldn't expect him to have much impact individually but if he helps buy a bit of time for others who can offer more of a threat by moving the ball around a bit then it could make a difference.

It would be Cundle on Ronan’s shoulders.

Ronan could be useful against a team like Leeds. Showed in the bits I saw of him preseason that he was comfortable under pressure which they'll need to be against a high press, been too easy to shut a conservative Wolves team down with that tactic in recent years. Wouldn't expect him to have much impact individually but if he helps buy a bit of time for others who can offer more of a threat by moving the ball around a bit then it could make a difference.
This is where I am. I don't particularly rate Donk in the tackle or aerially so I don't think we're losing that much, I do think Ronan is better with the ball than Donk too. Plus Ronan is decent at set pieces.

How nailed on do we think Neto is to start all the games long-term?
Didn't play much since returning from injury last season, could he still be eased in and don't think any attacker was nailed under Lage last season.
Would like to tag @Deutsch Wolf on your opinions as well.

How nailed on do we think Neto is to start all the games long-term?
Didn't play much since returning from injury last season, could he still be eased in and don't think any attacker was nailed under Lage last season.
Would like to tag @Deutsch Wolf on your opinions as well.

He's completely fit and hitting the levels we've seen previous to his injury. He'll likely start nearly every match he is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back