• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds United (A) Build Up

SSB

Reaction score
Can't see us getting anything from Elland Road.

I'm guessing the winnings from a tenner on Leeds to win with Wood to score anytime still wouldn't cover the £42 walk up ticket price.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we get something out of this game

I'm well aware this team will never happen. But I've had enough of the absolute shite masquerading as footballers in our squad. I'd rather at least try to learn something.

-------------Burgoyne--------------

Marshall---Johnson---Hause----Silvio

----------Herc----Gibbs-White--------

----Zyro------Cavaleiro------Costa-----

--------------Wilson---------------------

2016/17: L 0-1 (H)
2015/16: L 2-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2014/15: W 4-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2004/5: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: W 3-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)
1997/8: W 1-0 (A, FAC)

I'm well aware this team will never happen. But I've had enough of the absolute shite masquerading as footballers in our squad. I'd rather at least try to learn something.

-------------Burgoyne--------------

Marshall---Johnson---Hause----Silvio

----------Herc----Gibbs-White--------

----Zyro------Cavaleiro------Costa-----

--------------Wilson---------------------

Only caveats to that that I have is Costa going to be risked again & is Zyro ready yet (though isn't likely to be any worse than what has been there in the last 2 games)

Would agree with putting Burgoyne back in if Ikeme is not fit (with all his faults)

At least he has the chance to improve - the other option doesn't

Be surprised if Costa is risked and saved for the Blackburn game.

Graham and Zyro won't be risked so soon. Silvio should come in though

Easy win for Leeds here, we don't look bothered now we're just about safe, tend to go on long runs of shit form and still have Costa out injured.

Burgoyne

Coady Batth Hause Silvio

Evans Saiss

Marshall Cavaleiro Gibbs-White

Weimann​

No chance that will be the team though. Edwards will start because... I have no idea why? Doherty will start instead of Silvio and one of Bod/Dicko will start instead of MGW with Weimann pushed out onto the wing where he's super effective.

Surely a great game to give Zyro a game or half, he's come through recent u23 games has he not?

He's played for 45 mins twice after being out for over a year. Way too early to let him or Graham close to the first team.

Personally I don't think it's worth the risk at the moment. The pace of the Championship when out for so long could cause further injury. No point in a Dean Saunders Sako type situation, if we lose all our remaining games we'll still stay up. If they both come through a 90 minute U23 game then I'd consider them for the bench, but not before. I'd concentrate on getting them fully fit for the start of next season.

A training cone should play ahead of Lonergan

He's played for 45 mins twice after being out for over a year. Way too early to let him or Graham close to the first team.
Not even that. Done 30 & 45 mins in the 2 games.

-------------Burgoyne

Iorfa----Batth------Hause----Silvio

----------Evans----Price

Marshall------Cavaleiro------Gibbs-White

--------------Wilson

Give Wilson a proper go up top, let Iorfa show what he can do, drop Doherty for anyone, drop Edwards for anyone, drop Lonergan for any animate object.

Yup with Tony and Kenny on this. Until the injured guys have done multiple 90 mins with the u23 or friendlies with no lingering issues afterwards I wouldnt want them risked.

Easy win for Leeds here, we don't look bothered now we're just about safe, tend to go on long runs of shit form and still have Costa out injured.

Burgoyne

Coady Batth Hause Silvio

Evans Saiss

Marshall Cavaleiro Gibbs-White

Weimann​

No chance that will be the team though. Edwards will start because... I have no idea why? Doherty will start instead of Silvio and one of Bod/Dicko will start instead of MGW with Weimann pushed out onto the wing where he's super effective.

This is the team I'd like to see but as you say... isn't going to happen. I think Lambert will improve us (hard not to after the last two seasons) but I don't have faith in him a) getting us promoted and b) creating something long term in the sense of playing style that will see us prosper. I don't think the second one is his remit mind you.

Back