• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I've said it before, but the only we'll make 343 work - without spending the the thick end of £80m on a midfielder that can do everything - is by instructing podence and Neto to tuck right in as floating tens, spending 90% of their time in between the lines of the penalty box. The gaps between the front three are all too often ridiculous, and that's resulting in a chronic lack of interplay and combination between them. People know if they manage the flanks properly we've got fuck all through the middle.

I'd like to see a kind of 3241 on the ball, and 3421 off it. The only players who should be getting chalk on their boots are the wing backs. The problem is, I think all of pod, Pedro and adama are best as genuine wingers.

I'd love us to play 4231 as I think we'd be much more dangerous when it comes to attacking, we'd concede more for sure though

Semedo Boly Kilman Marcal
Neves Donck
Adama pod/Mout Neto
Raul

Coady misses out unfortunately

I know I have more chance of boning Gal Gadot though

You are Kevin Keegan ! What do I win ?

He's started four games, been terrible in all of them and not one of his sub appearances (every single other game) has been any good either. He is a problem because he isn't doing anything, he's an expensive, relatively experienced forward who isn't scoring or assisting, nor does he even look like doing so on either count. I would class that as quite the issue.

We need our bumps feeling if we're handing him a new deal any time soon.

I'm playing Devil's Advocate a little here, but I feel Neves gets cut slack and escapes a lot of scrutiny in a way few others do, certainly not, say, Adama.

I'm not expecting him to do things he can't do, I'm just not sure he's doing the things he can do all that often right now
You and Alan need to get a room. I'd suggest room 6

He was wing back for two of them, and he hasn’t been dramatically different to the rest of the team since he moved back up. He’s not been the issue at all.

he’s started 3 PL games this season (inc the 2 at wb) and been sub for the remaining 5, playing 99 minutes in total in those 5.

Sheff Utd (went up front for the last half an hour or so)
Man City (also moved though later on IIRC)
Stoke
West Ham

Four games, he's done nothing. He's not in the team on merit.

He's not THE issue, he's AN issue. How can you say he's not when he isn't doing anything at all?

Because he’s been a late substitute half the season, since he was filling in at wing back?

i know you hate him, but that seems a bit desperate tbh.

Come on mate what has he achieved, honestly

Stats from Infogol
Adama Traore - tackles attempted this season 10: tackles successful 9
Joao Moutinho 11/21 tackles

The agenda against Adama on this forum is just bloody awful, right back to the criticism of his dress sense when he signed. It says far more about the people making the criticism than it does about Traore

I think Adama needs to play regularly to get his form, he's not a come in and make a difference

There's no agenda, he's an attacking player who is now nearly a full year without a league goal. I don't find that acceptable.

The original question was why Neves gets leeway and Adama doesn't, I've told you why.

Oh and last night I said what I'd do with him for now. I'd play him off the left but driving inside into actual dangerous areas, where he won't be getting in the way of the wingback outside him and might actually trouble defenders, rather than crossing to no-one. Not "he's shit and we should never play him again".

However he has been bobbins all season, whatever opportunities he's had, there's not even a 5/10 performance in there. And that goal record is abysmal, bordering on Van La Parra levels of garbage. Whatever tackling stats you care to throw in.

Thing is I've easily seen Neves have 50 good games for us, in fact it's a lot more than that.

Does not apply to Adama who probably hasn't had 30 good games.

I'm not saying drop Neves, I just don't think he's offering enough, except defensively. Riding on past glories a bit, maybe?

The agenda against Adama on this forum is just bloody awful, right back to the criticism of his dress sense when he signed. It says far more about the people making the criticism than it does about Traore
Not really, just people have elevated him up to be this magic elixir that's going to solve all our problems and he wont, for 90 minutes he'd be a luxury we can ill afford, he may make four or five forward runs in that time and one of them may be successful, but for the rest of time we may as well play with 10 men.
And as a disclaimer I do not hate him and never have, on form he is one of the most unique individuals I've seen .

The worrying thing for me, putting it in one simple sentence, is that right now we are far less than the sum of our parts.

Sheff United last year were a great example of a team that were far more than the sum of its parts. Man for man, are we worse than Southampton or Villa, who are both above us? Or even Leicester, who are top? But right now the team is about 50% of the sum of the individuals.
I'm starting to wonder whether our expectations are exacerbated by thinking that individually our players are better than they actually are.....do we over estimate their quality? Don't get me wrong, I think our players are excellent, but perhaps not as good as I think

There is definately an agenda against Adama, seems slightly ridiculous to argue there isn’t, given all the hate before we signed him, when we signed him and since we signed him, given that apart from a Raul, he got the most assists and goals in the premier league for us last year (13, Diogo got 8....)

he’s not perfect by a long long way, but he’s not useless either.

Back