• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester (A) 14/8 (3pm) Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important bit in bold.

Leicester were always going to start on the front foot. Scarcely a shock.
It is more the back 5, the deep line (it's certainly not high) and that we are absorbing pressure.

Well, again, it's the season opener away to a very good attacking team with fans back in for the first time in over a year.

We were always going to have to absorb pressure at the start of this.

It is more the back 5, the deep line (it's certainly not high) and that we are absorbing pressure.
I think we need to defend deep in the beginning to not let a goal in and then raise our line/pressure/game

Well, again, it's the season opener away to a very good attacking team with fans back in for the first time in over a year.

We were always going to have to absorb pressure at the start of this.
Why? I thought we were all guns blazing, attack, attack, attack now! :)

Kind of flitting into a 4-4-2 at times, with Saiss moving to LB, Marcal up to LM, and Adama hugging inside as a second forward.

oof, they sicked sacked through our team there but a clear offside

Preferable to going 442 and gung ho in our first game when we don't have the personnel? He'd be getting pelters for that
I'm not saying otherwise, i'm simply saying it's the same set up, game plan as Nuno. Didn't realise i was saying something so controversial.

Adama certainly in a mood today. Couple of brilliant runs from him so far.

hopefully him and Raul will settle this

I'm not saying otherwise, i'm simply saying it's the same set up, game plan as Nuno. Didn't realise i was saying something so controversial.

Nuno didn't patent starting away games cautiously or 343.

We're certainly snapping into tackles more than under Nuno and even passing the ball forwards sometimes 😉

Extremely scrappy in midfield so far.

We’ve been fine. Only under pressure when we give it away from the back. But Kilman playing in his wrong side isn’t helping there. Trincao been anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back