• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Carrying on with last's season's thread is annoying me every time I see it :D

On you go.

I didn't think I could see a 2016/17 thread!

What I said in the other one...

Cliftonvile 1 up, Hibs losing to Brondby.

St Patrick's Athletic and Cork City both drew 1-1 away

Netherlands U19 1-2 England U19 Lammers put Netherlands in front before Solanke and Brown seal win for England.

Gordon

Lustig Sviatchenko Tierney

Forrest McGregor Brown Armstrong Roberts

Dembele Griffiths​

What the fuck is wrong with you Rodgers?

3-5-2 against a bunch of semi-pros who have scored ONE goal against pro opposition EVER?

Jesus fucking christ on a fucking bike.

I really hope the Celtic job shows that cockend Rodgers up for the charlatan he clearly is

They'll win today. Easily. That doesn't excuse that shocking formation or tactics, Celtic do not come out of this smelling of roses. I imagine it'll end up something like a 3-1-4-2 with Brown sitting and the other 4 midfielders pushing on.

It should be 10-0, but I live in hope of a spectacular embarrassment

game over then. Celtic 3 up before half time

Rodgers is a moron but I don't get the idea that 3-5-2 is either inherently shite or inherently defensive.

Just my opinion, though.

It's the easiest mainstream formation to nullify by an absolute mile. Brodge has form for using it when he doesn't have anything like the players to fit it as well.

It's worked out pretty well for Chile.

Like most formations, I think it comes down to the personnel playing it and the manager giving it juice. Obviously, Rodgers doesn't have either of those.

It's worked out pretty well for Chile.

Like most formations, I think it comes down to the personnel playing it and the manager giving it juice. Obviously, Rodgers doesn't have either of those.

Chile don't play a standard 3-5-2. It is more a 3-4-3 with a Dutch type total football system. Sampoali designed the system because he had small players with high energy and technical ability. chile pride themselves on the mobility and fluidity of their defence and wide midfielders flitting in and out of position to disrupt the opposition. You're right they do it very well.

A standard 3-5-2 such as Italy employed in the Euro's relies on both your mobile CB's being able to step forward into midfield or pull the wing backs back to a 5-3-2 which is why you see them being lauded for their defensive shape and lack of goals conceded.

Ousmane Dembele looks like a frighteningly good prospect.

He's roasted United this afternoon.

Back