• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

There are 8 (eight) Jordan/Jordons in the squads for today's play-off final. Also a Jayden and a Jonson.

Troy Archibald-Henville wins the award for the best name though.

There are 8 (eight) Jordan/Jordons in the squads for today's play-off final. Also a Jayden and a Jonson.

Troy Archibald-Henville wins the award for the best name though.

That fact is far more interesting than the game has been so far.

Has been poor so far Doyle might be lucky not to have seen red for Cov.

Hurry up and start World Cup [emoji25]

I sat amongst Sky Blues fans today in the pub, and they were delighted that they are finally starting the long road back.

Hurry up and start World Cup [emoji25]

ha ha,

Not sure I want it to start, full of Hope, Excitement, and Fear in equal measures.
Once it starts it turns to fears.
Though I saw Henry Winter Tweet, that walking round the squad at St George's park is different this time.

The players are more relaxed, More open to chats, friendlier, seems more of a team ethos.

I think that probably has something to do with the fact the players have come through the age groups together so are friends, and do not have the club rivalries that stopped, Ferdinand, Lampard, and Gerrard ETC, talking let alone being friendly with each other.

We have seen with Greece, and Iceland that teams are better than there sum of parts, England do have some excellent players, so if they can become better than there sum of parts we may have a half decent world cup and make the Quarters.

Can't say I'm particularly interested in England tbh.We know what we're going to get with Southgate, and we know we'll be out shortly after the groups.

I'm much more interested in scouting our new signings ;)

England U21s in action right now on FreeSports vs Mexico in the Toulon tournament.

It's a real shadow squad though. Only Lewis Cook, Kieran Dowell (at Forest, not Everton), Tom Davies, Tammy Abraham (at Swansea, not Chelsea) and Adam Armstrong (at Blackburn, not Newcastle) are anything like first team players at club level.

Still some decent talent. Jay da Silva was excellent for Charlton this season and I can see him getting a loan move in PL next season, he's easily good enough. Konsa nearly joined Brighton in January. Nmecha and Nketiah really need to get themselves some first team football though.

I've heard some seriously good stuff about Konsa. I saw some good stuff from Maitland-Niles at times too this year albeit in strange positions (he is not a wing back for a start).

Not dissing the young lads but just saying that this isn't the "proper" U21s.

I've heard some seriously good stuff about Konsa. I saw some good stuff from Maitland-Niles at times too this year albeit in strange positions (he is not a wing back for a start).

Not dissing the young lads but just saying that this isn't the "proper" U21s.

He looked good when I watched him in the play offs, him and Da Silva the stand outs for Charlton. Maitland-Niles is superb, just needs to stop being dicked around position wise like you mentioned.

I totally agree by the way, we should really do well at the next tournament but then Boothroyd is the coach.

Maitland-Niles has been really good every time I've seen him this season. Looks more like a CM to me though.

If Emery doesn't rate him I'd hope wolves go in for him.

Maitland-Niles has been really good every time I've seen him this season. Looks more like a CM to me though.

If Emery doesn't rate him I'd hope wolves go in for him.

I'd agree with that. I like Da Silva and Konta too (although based on few televised games). I'd take all of them right now as I think all 3 would thrive under Nuno.

Christ, the reaction of our fans if we signed someone from Charlton this summer.

They would of course ignore where Dele Alli and Jamie Vardy came from.

Christ, the reaction of our fans if we signed someone from Charlton this summer.

They would of course ignore where Dele Alli and Jamie Vardy came from.

No accounting for genuine morons. They're everywhere!

Portugal XI versus Algeria

Patricio; Cédric, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Raphael Guerreiro; William Carvalho, Moutinho, Bruno Fernandes; Bernardo Silva, Ronaldo, Guedes

Isn't it nice to hear an atmosphere at an England home friendly? Bonus to be away from the Wembley morgue.

Back