• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

For all the blaming of Mark Hughes at Stoke it's quite funny that he has kept Southampton up - deservedly so too.

Swansea doing daft things at the end.

Jordan Ayew standing offside at a free kick, the goalie belting it down field before any Swansea players could get there

Saints deserved the win and survival. If Swansea keep the squad they've got I'd back them to come straight back up

For all the blaming of Mark Hughes at Stoke it's quite funny that he has kept Southampton up - deservedly so too.

He went stale at Stoke - recruitment was bad (they tend to hand it all to their managers, so he has to carry the can) and they probably needed to get rid earlier. But he's done alright at Saints, who in turn held on to Pellegrino for way too long. Hughes isn't a bad manager. A disaster at QPR, City was too big for him (remember he was appointed by Thaksin, not ADUG) but everywhere else he's either been ok or good.

Saints fans continuously singing their one tedious song annoys me.

I can see HUddersfield knicking the point they need. Swansea truly screwed this up for themselves.

Hudds to go down you'd expect.

Well, Arsenal have 0 points away from home in 2018...

They should win on Sunday but they are truly horrible away from the Emirates this year. Think they've won three league games.

He went stale at Stoke - recruitment was bad (they tend to hand it all to their managers, so he has to carry the can) and they probably needed to get rid earlier. But he's done alright at Saints, who in turn held on to Pellegrino for way too long. Hughes isn't a bad manager. A disaster at QPR, City was too big for him (remember he was appointed by Thaksin, not ADUG) but everywhere else he's either been ok or good.
I do have a soft spot for Southampton so am very glad to see them stay up. I also don't mind hughes, he's not a terrible manager in the style of pardew etc and at least attempts to get his teams playing football - I thought they looked pretty good against Everton, not quite at the same level today though.

Well, Arsenal have 0 points away from home in 2018...

They should win on Sunday but they are truly horrible away from the Emirates this year. Think they've won three league games.

Time to send Wenger off in style and hopefully send Wagner and his boring football down with the rest of the crap

Swansea doing daft things at the end.

Jordan Ayew standing offside at a free kick, the goalie belting it down field before any Swansea players could get there

Saints deserved the win and survival. If Swansea keep the squad they've got I'd back them to come straight back up

I think Swansea just ran out of ideas tonight. And presuming they go down, they will doubtlessly lose some players in the summer, and like Stoke and the Albion they will have to adjust to life in the championship.

Ordinarily with their last two fixtures you'd expect Huddersfield to be screwed but that Arsenal record has to give them massive hope that they can get the point they need.

I think Swansea just ran out of ideas tonight. And presuming they go down, they will doubtlessly lose some players in the summer, and like Stoke and the Albion they will have to adjust to life in the championship.

Jonny Evans has a rumoured relegation release clause of £3m

Swansea would have equalised - If Darren Moore had refused the manager of the month award. :icon_cool:

So how are Albion relegated already?

They have 31 points, Southampton and Huddersfield both have 36, Albion have one game left. Come on mate.

They have 31 points, Southampton and Huddersfield both have 36, Albion have one game left. Come on mate.
Fuck sake. I read the table as Swansea in 17th somehow.

Back