• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion: 2020/21

Shocking from City overall another bit of overthinking from Pep to.

Defence wins championships.

Tuchel has the 3-4-3 nailed. Better players (imagine if they had Kane) then they’d be a force.

Chelsea better in all departments from the manager to the tactics and to the performances of the players. Pep got the team selection wrong and City suffered for it but Chelsea were fantastic. James and Chilwell were outstanding against the wide players, Christensen came on and was rock solid, Kante was absolutely everywhere and Havertz a class act up top.

I really feel for Aguero, i've loved watching him play in the Premier League and it would have been good to see him go out on a high but Chelsea deserved that. Top notch performance.

Tammy Abraham in full kit even though he wasn't even named on the bench (and two goalkeepers were) 🤣

Entertaining first half, best team won

I’m intrigued to know what pep did wrong?

Rodri stops Zinchenko channeling his inner Doherty (Gundogan couldn’t press the ball or intercept). They don’t trust either Jesus or Aguero to play as a #9.

Chelsea just stopped them playing and scored on the break (basically what Nuno did for 2 seasons). Are we saying all Nuno’s wins were the oppositions failings?

I’m intrigued to know what pep did wrong?

Rodri stops Zinchenko channeling his inner Doherty (Gundogan couldn’t press the ball or intercept). They don’t trust either Jesus or Aguero to play as a #9.

Chelsea just stopped them playing and scored on the break (basically what Nuno did for 2 seasons). Are we saying all Nuno’s wins were the oppositions failings?
He just doesn't play without a Rodri or Fernandinho, that's only the 2nd time they've done it this season. Don't think that makes sense in the biggest game, i also think they missed Fernandinho's leadership on the pitch and got caught out of shape for the goal. It's only little things but i do think he got them wrong.

I would add to that though that City still had more than enough quality on but Chelsea were outstanding from start to finish.

Playing no holding midfielder completely unbalanced City in the middle of the park. But as said some of his big players were anonymous Mahrez, Silva, Sterling and KDB before he went off were poor.

Chelsea very solid at the back - never looked like conceding, whereas City always seemed a mistake/slip from calamity.

Another Abramovich decision that’s been vindicated.
Regardless of what anyone thinks of him his policy yields a hell of a lot of trophies. 2CL, 2EL, 5PL, 5FA cups 2 league cups in 18 years.

Chelsea have 17 trophies to city’s 13 in that 18 year period.
Nice that in 2019-20we beat the then champions City twice and this year took four points off the new European champions. That’s got to be a selling point for a new manager?

I'm obviously a secret sadomasochist as I've been watching Andorra v Ireland it has been absolutely awful. Ireland really slumming it these days but appear to be at that level now unfortunately.

They are genuinely terrible, outwith your genuine no hopers like Gibraltar, Moldova, San Marino etc they have a claim on the being the UEFA nation with the least attacking threat.

They are genuinely terrible, outwith your genuine no hopers like Gibraltar, Moldova, San Marino etc they have a claim on the being the UEFA nation with the least attacking threat.
Doc's having a good game though...

tenor.gif

Losing now too. Free header in the middle of the penalty area.

Back