• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it makes the competition skewed. If you want to break the big six cartel you have to look at their commercial power. Spurs are the weakest and their turnover is over double that of Leicester, the next biggest earner. West Ham have received a boost through a free stadium.

You want greater competition, then the commercial gap is the way to look at it, rather than messing with the cups.

Because it makes the competition skewed. If you want to break the big six cartel you have to look at their commercial power. Spurs are the weakest and their turnover is over double that of Leicester, the next biggest earner. West Ham have received a boost through a free stadium.

You want greater competition, then the commercial gap is the way to look at it, rather than messing with the cups.
fair enough. How can that be done? It appears that horse has bolted. The only way is through salary caps like rugby?

The issue is that would disclose players wages and that wont ever happen in any detail unfortunately. Its thinking outside of the box which is always good to get some chnage.
It wasn't a serious suggestion 😂

fair enough. How can that be done? It appears that horse has bolted. The only way is through salary caps like rugby?
The only way is organically by increased tv sponsorship and prize money through regular European football of any hue, and the hope of sneaking one season of CL to get a big commercial boost. Leicester are still £35m ahead of us as best of the rest because of their one CL season.

That our find someone prepared to massively financially dope but then fans of every club would call you out for hollow bought silverware.

It wasn't a serious suggestion 😂
I know , but I gave it thought , could see why you said it and gave my view back, not once saying" youre taking the piss" or " your stupid" or similar.
The only way is organically by increased tv sponsorship and prize money through regular European football of any hue, and the hope of sneaking one season of CL to get a big commercial boost. Leicester are still £35m ahead of us as best of the rest because of their one CL season.

That our find someone prepared to massively financially dope but then fans of every club would call you out for hollow bought silverware.
Completly echoing my point regarding the monopoly. With trophies , Chelsea didnt care , Man City didnt care, PSG dont care FFP does nothing , Barcelona are broke yet still sign world class players and the fans get mugged off to fund it. In 10 years there will only be die hard fans of clubs outside the big s7. Everyone else will be fans of them . Its a disgrace.

These things take time. Unless you have an FM cheat code owner. And it is basically caused by the split of overseas tv rights and the value of champions league appearance and tv money. But success will feel like it has been earned rather than gifted.

These things take time. Unless you have an FM cheat code owner. And it is basically caused by the split of overseas tv rights and the value of champions league appearance and tv money. But success will feel like it has been earned rather than gifted.
If it ever comes. I cant see it. Leicester was such an anomaly , and even they had billionaires bankrolling. Fosun wont do that here. It was fun while it lasted , but we hit that wall real quick!

If you want to close the league up a bit (positions will be the same though) lets go back to 2 points for a win :)

If it ever comes. I cant see it. Leicester was such an anomaly , and even they had billionaires bankrolling. Fosun wont do that here. It was fun while it lasted , but we hit that wall real quick!

We're lucky though, many clubs our size don't even get a sniff of that wall!

We have a profile now that is higher than any point since I've supported the club, so it's still fun to me...we've been in the European conversation for 3 of these 4 PL seasons

Also I'm loath to slag off clubs with money when in the last 30 years we've had not one but two owners who've massively bankrolled us beyond our natural means.

Also I'm loath to slag off clubs with money when in the last 30 years we've had not one but two owners who've massively bankrolled us beyond our natural means.
I dont think I have "slagged them off" I have questioned the model that allows billionaires to buy success. We clearly have not done that to anywhere near the extent and no more so than pretty much every other premier league team outside of the sky 6.. By your own words we spent heavily in the championship but we are pretty middling since and two of those buys were Fabio and Semedo, so we havent really flashed the cash for at least 3 windows. Yet still we are miles off in real terms from breaking into the top 6 or challenging for anything other than the last euro place.
We're lucky though, many clubs our size don't even get a sniff of that wall!

We have a profile now that is higher than any point since I've supported the club, so it's still fun to me...we've been in the European conversation for 3 of these 4 PL seasons
Yes, completely get that. Having taken that route though , Fosun applied a handbrake just when it wasnt needed. People again , took the piss when I said that Newcastle would go upwards from now on in January and 10 games later they are safe in all but name and looking at 7th spot themselves next year as a minimum.

Just caught up with today's posts and this is the only thing I've taken out of it all.
Hilarious from a man who posted he was considering giving up his season ticket .
I love the way an idea gets obliterated by complainers who offer little up that’s better. As for previous ideas I read the link supplied, Hardly much discussion. It’s salary cap or nothing. Great think tank you lot would make 😂😂.
350 quid gets me a season ticket at Cambridge united and I reckon that’s where I will put my money when I retire and want to watch every week. They have almost as much chance of winning something as Wolves and it’s a similar colour scarf! 😂 No more VAR no more sky 6 and watch some grass roots football. Give the money to those who need it not the fat cats.

Last edited:
Hilarious from a man who posted he was considering giving up his season ticket .
I love the way an idea gets obliterated by complainers who offer little up that’s better. As for previous ideas I read the link supplied, Hardly much discussion. It’s salary cap or nothing. Great think tank you lot would make 😂😂.
350 quid gets me a season ticket at Cambridge united and I reckon that’s where I will put my money when I retire and want to watch every week. They have almost as much chance of winning something as Wolves and it’s a similar colour scarf! 😂 No more VAR no more sky 6 and watch some grass roots football. Give the money to those who need it not the fat cats.
If I don't have the answer, I don't need to create some ridiculously convoluted one that is nonsensical on every single level. I can just say "I don't have the answer".

I don't watch Wolves because they're likely to win anything, we've been shite for most of the 34 years I've been going.

I told you what was spectacularly wrong with your idea. I told you what is the ONLY way change will happen for a club such as Wolves.

I'm also giving up my STH, sadly not 100% through choice. What that has to do with the validity of an argument put forward I really am not sure.

If we are a crap think tank, I cannot even begin to fathom where you are. Your idea is insane. It's even bloody counter productive as your cunning plan to make Wolves do better in the cups sees us play Manchester City or Liverpool in the third round EVERY season. Unless we tank league points to avoid that. I'm sure it's not that difficult to admit that your idea is borderline insanity that clearly doesn't achieve your stated goal at all.

What the fuck has that got to do with anything? A simple, straight explanation will do instead of waffling on. You keep yours though and take one for the team eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back