• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFCON is always a good time, IMO. Not always the highest standard of play but then you lot are quite spoiled in that regard. ;)

It's my favourite tournament bar none. You've got superstars on the same pitch as players who wouldn't get in some of our local Sunday pub teams. Calamitous defending, erratic keeping and usually get a few absolute bangers. Plus they are all so buzzing to be representing their nation they'd run through brick walls.

Ramsey is there to block Cavani. That is literally the reason he is there? Not even a debate.

Cavani is looking at the ball initially (as he should be), and Ramsey is making eye contact trying to block him like. Cavani doesn’t really try and go round him, but Ramsey literally puts his arms out to block him as if he’s and NFL lineman.

Cavani is still a yard ahead of Konsa as they collide so how you can say “don’t think he’d have got there”. Even if he didn’t he’d have certainly been in position to make a play on the player or the ball and influence the outcome.

It's my favourite tournament bar none. You've got superstars on the same pitch as players who wouldn't get in some of our local Sunday pub teams. Calamitous defending, erratic keeping and usually get a few absolute bangers. Plus they are all so buzzing to be representing their nation they'd run through brick walls.
You should try to catch some CONCACAF qualifiers if you can be arsed to stay up that late. Very similar vibes out here (although tbh Honduras usually look more interested in breaking legs than winning games, something I haven't seen an African nation resort to in a while).

You should try to catch some CONCACAF qualifiers if you can be arsed to stay up that late. Very similar vibes out here (although tbh Honduras usually look more interested in breaking legs than winning games, something I haven't seen an African nation resort to in a while).

I used to watch a bit of Honduras. Jerry Bengtson used to bang them in, well i saw at least 2 goals. One of my mates got me a shirt with his name on the back such was my fascination with him and his completely unorthodox footballing style.

Yeah, Egypt not in the game so far. Moses Simon looks a good player out wide left for Nigeria.

Yeah, Egypt not in the game so far. Moses Simon looks a good player out wide left for Nigeria.
Assuming it's the same guy (plays/played in Belgium IIRC), he's been rated for a minute. Think he was linked to a Prem move a few years ago but got stopped by work permit issues.

If it's who I think it is he's got to be in his late 20s by now.

I do so miss the days of being able to follow African football more closely.

He did play for Gent but he's been at Nantes for a while now. He's 26.

(Not suggesting we should sign him anyway, he just looks good :D )

Hah! I've still got it (kinda).

Ramsey is there to block Cavani. That is literally the reason he is there? Not even a debate.

Cavani is looking at the ball initially (as he should be), and Ramsey is making eye contact trying to block him like. Cavani doesn’t really try and go round him, but Ramsey literally puts his arms out to block him as if he’s and NFL lineman.

Cavani is still a yard ahead of Konsa as they collide so how you can say “don’t think he’d have got there”. Even if he didn’t he’d have certainly been in position to make a play on the player or the ball and influence the outcome.
That's a lot of confirmation bias.

Doesn't changed the wider point of it not being a clear and obvious error which both you and Interesting Andy have missed.

That's a lot of confirmation bias.

Doesn't changed the wider point of it not being a clear and obvious error which both you and Interesting Andy have missed.
Ramsey was clearly offside and clearly in Cavani's way

So why didn't they look at that first?

It's the very first thing to happen. They looked to disallow the goal rather than the clear and obvious error.

That's enough attention for you on this as the conversation has been done to death now.

If the wife opens the door for me and I choose to run into the side of the house, that isn't the fault of the house.

Standing in an offside position is not against the laws of the game. You become active if you attempt to go for the ball

If the wife opens the door for me and I choose to run into the side of the house, that isn't the fault of the house.

Standing in an offside position is not against the laws of the game. You become active if you attempt to go for the ball
The rules say different

I really don't get what's so contentious.

There were lots of things for VAR to check and VAR found a pretty obvious infringement.

I really don't get what's so contentious.

There were lots of things for VAR to check and VAR found a pretty obvious infringement.
The contentious part Andy is that's not even being looked at if they hadn't spent the 2 minutes previous trying to work out whether Watkins had flicked the ball on and at what point it had hit Ings' arm. If the ball had dropped to Ings in an obvious onside position and he'd tapped it in they wouldn't have looked at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back