• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Jack Clarke been far worse in midfield for them waseful and weak in possession

What a shocker of a challenge that is. Absolutely no need also. This is upper championship vs mid table prem. That defending is like he’s a non league player.
It's on diving rat Gordon.... therefore permissible.

Yes.

Unbelievably satisfying to win those games though - trouble is.....
You end up like this.

Already had far too many of the days that Sunderland are having right now, I'd happily never play Albion again if possible. Or Blues for that matter.

Villa doesn't count.

You end up like this.

Already had far too many of the days that Sunderland are having right now, I'd happily never play Albion again if possible. Or Blues for that matter.

Villa doesn't count.
On the contrary... wouldn't have missed Bully at the Hawthorns for anything.... and then Iwan Roberts moment of glory ...and Rob Hindmarch.... etc...

On the contrary... wouldn't have missed Bully at the Hawthorns for anything.... and then Iwan Roberts moment of glory ...and Rob Hindmarch.... etc...
Yep but those were our biggest games of the season back then. Playing Albion means very little any more when you're playing some of the biggest teams in Europe 10+ times a season. It's just more trouble than it's worth.

That's the point though isn't it, it's 27 years and counting since we won there, and we haven't won that many at home since either (Jan 97/Mar 01/Mar 07/May 11 I think and that's your lot)...

Kids who are under 20 probably don't remember us beating them at all.

Plus all the bloody hassle on the day, you can't just rock up and have a few beers as normal.

So far, every single PL team who haven't played another have gone through. Might just have been the draw, but given what's happened at the bottom of the league this year I wonder if the gap is widening ever further?

So far, every single PL team who haven't played another have gone through. Might just have been the draw, but given what's happened at the bottom of the league this year I wonder if the gap is widening ever further?

Don’t think we’re there yet but don’t think the closed shop situation is that far off.

Can only go by the Sunderland game but they were miles off it. At home, a derby, should have been at least some form of leveller. Newcastle obviously have a better team than 9th in the PL, but that is where they are at and Sunderland will expect to be in the play offs. The gap seemed like a top 4 club against a L1 team

Can only go by the Sunderland game but they were miles off it. At home, a derby, should have been at least some form of leveller. Newcastle obviously have a better team than 9th in the PL, but that is where they are at and Sunderland will expect to be in the play offs. The gap seemed like a top 4 club against a L1 team
Yep, you'd expect one of Sunderland, Boro, QPR or Stoke to get a result in years gone by. All individually underdogs but one of them to get through. All the PL teams should be comfortable tomorrow, depending on Lutons team selection. Be interesting if one of the Top 4 in the Champ get a Prem team at home in the next round although Leicester played their reserves today

That's the point though isn't it, it's 27 years and counting since we won there, and we haven't won that many at home since either (Jan 97/Mar 01/Mar 07/May 11 I think and that's your lot)...

Kids who are under 20 probably don't remember us beating them at all.

Plus all the bloody hassle on the day, you can't just rock up and have a few beers as normal.
Maccies?

Back