• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

He's literally got his boot at chest height. That is never not a foul.

Never played the game have you?
I've never played table tennis seriously but I can assure you that assaulting my opponent with a paddle wouldn't be allowed.

Pray tell, what level did you play at?

Games gone if you lot think it's a pen... here's the moment of impact.

Doku has got to the ball first and the Liverpool player has run into his foot, not the other way around. This photo clearly shows Doku side footing the ball to the left with his studs to the right. There was no impact of the studs into the chest. The only impact was the Liverpool player running into Doku. If that's a penalty, and we have seen them given unfortunately, then the game really has gone. Doku was in control of his body and action and was not endangering his opponent IMO. man city v liverpool.jpg

I've never played table tennis seriously but I can assure you that assaulting my opponent with a paddle wouldn't be allowed.

Pray tell, what level did you play at?
At a decent amateur level in the West Midlands Saturday works leagues... go back to ping pong. Football isn't for you... assaulting an opponent indeed.

You need to accept that the game has moved on. It's a foul, and a penalty. It's nothing to do with snowflakes or wokery, it's always been at least frowned upon if you plant your studs into somebody's tits. Such a weird take
He didn't. The Liverpool player ran into him.

A split second later, the ball has left Doku and the Liverpool player still hasn't collided with the boot.

Man city v Liverpool 2.jpg

At a decent amateur level in the West Midlands Saturday works leagues... go back to ping pong. Football isn't for you... assaulting an opponent indeed.
How will my little plastic heart ever recover??

That’s very very patronising, I’ve played it and it’s just a foul all day long in the game today it’s probably foul 20 years ago.
Are we saying that to have an opinion you have to have played semi pro minimum.
Couldn't give a stuff if you think it's patronising. The comment by Alan was "He's literally got his boot at chest height. That is never not a foul."

Only someone who has never played the game would say something like that. There are many instances when a raised boot at chest height is not a foul.

Anyone can have an opinion.... no problem. But it is open to be challenged. I'm fine with everyone challenging my opinion on this incident. I'm demonstrating, with photos, my opinion of it.

Just because you're posting photos doesn't mean those photos back up your argument.

Dean Saunders played at International level, and he understands the game about as well as my 10 year old
Jesus, Del, don't talk about your own kid that way!

Couldn't give a stuff if you think it's patronising. The comment by Alan was "He's literally got his boot at chest height. That is never not a foul."

Only someone who has never played the game would say something like that. There are many instances when a raised boot at chest height is not a foul.

Anyone can have an opinion.... no problem. But it is open to be challenged. I'm fine with everyone challenging my opinion on this incident. I'm demonstrating, with photos, my opinion of it.

I’ll use your own logic against you you’ve only played amateur level so your opinion is invalid when talking about how the game is at the highest professional level.

Just because you're posting photos doesn't mean those photos back up your argument.

Jesus, Del, don't talk about your own kid that way!
Fine... so back up your argument then. You made a bland statement and I challenged it.

The Palhinho challenge yesterday wasnt deemed a second yellow despite the off the ground lunge and studs into Ait-Nouri. That was far worse than a Liverpool player running into the side of the foot of the City player. Personally, just my opinion, I think the ref and VAR got the call right at Anfield.

I’ll use your own logic against you you’ve only played amateur level so your opinion is invalid when talking about how the game is at the highest professional level.
Fine, you can have that opinion. No problem.

And, in which case, this forum should be closed. ;)

When viewed like that as a still frame sure, however, you need to see the still frames before it where the ball would be where his foot is and where the Liverpool player runs into it. So no, not a foul for me. Just a football incident that in the past was nothing but in this new sanitary version of the game, everything is made out to be a foul regardless.
Making up your own rules. It's not want you want it to be, it's what it is. Look where his foot is, that's been a foul for the entirety of this century

Making up your own rules. It's not want you want it to be, it's what it is. Look where his foot is, that's been a foul for the entirety of this century
Taking this to another level... you haven't watched football for very long have you?

Back