• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

He probably will make the squad but he isn’t a starter and rightly so.

Southgates real blind spots are Henderson and Easter Island head

He probably will make the squad but he isn’t a starter and rightly so.

Southgates real blind spots are Henderson and Easter Island head
To be fair, Maguire looked world class compared to Dunk's cameo last night he was fucking awful.

As for Henderson I don't think he'll play much at all, he's a good guy to have around, and much like we needed someone like Milner in 2018 against Croatia, we might need someone like Henderson in similar circumstances this summer.

Agreed.

As a club we couldn't support paying Moutinho £100k a week to play an increasingly peripheral role. But if we bring him on at 2-1 last Saturday I am almost certain we win.

As an international team you don't need to worry about the first element.

Henderson is a total waste of a squad spot. Should be nowhere near.

Maguire has one ricket a game with a fair wind to his sails. Kilman-esque letting Raphina clear in one goal just this week. He will be in the squad obviously but hopefully Guehi or Tomori are fit to partner Stones. Branthwaite is a bolter for the spot too.

Do they improve on the pitch?

no skin off my nose either way as I get to concentrate on my lot no doubt are if it up against poland

Do they improve on the pitch?
Having an experienced, respected (rightly or wrongly) player in the squad and/or coming on with 10 mins to go when you're trying to hold a lead should improve things on the pitch, yes. As per the Moutinho analogy.

Just because it doesn't appear tangible to us as fans doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect!

He is so over the hill he just passed the grand old Duke of York marching back up again

I can't get too bent out of shape about it because ultimately he's there instead of another player who won't play. Walcott in 2006 as the primary example of taking a player for the sake of it, but picking the likes of Coady and now Henderson doesn't do anything for me personally

I can't get too bent out of shape about it because ultimately he's there instead of another player who won't play. Walcott in 2006 as the primary example of taking a player for the sake of it, but picking the likes of Coady and now Henderson doesn't do anything for me personally
Well no, because we are fans who aren't in the squad or in the dressing room and struggle to see the benefit.

But he's won the league and the Champions League, got loads of caps, he's a big deal to those around him, that's worth more than taking Mason Mount.

Well no, because we are fans who aren't in the squad or in the dressing room and struggle to see the benefit.

But he's won the league and the Champions League, got loads of caps, he's a big deal to those around him, that's worth more than taking Mason Mount.
That's complete projection, you have no way of knowing that. In fact the way he's behaved over the last 12 months any self respecting player should have lost all respect for him.

It's projection to suggest a player who has won the league and champions league and has over 80 caps wouldn't be respected on football terms.

It's projection to suggest a player who has won the league and champions league and has over 80 caps wouldn't be respected on football terms.
With everything I know you believe about him and the way he's behaved this entertains me. If it were Deutsch I'd say you are better than that. It's actually quite funny seeing you twist in the wind on it...so disingenuous, because of the hole you've chosen to dig over defending anything remotely critical of Southgate

Good grief, that's A LOT.

You can think someone is a prick for how they've behaved but simultaneously recognise they've been good at their job and achieved good things? No?

John Terry is a massive cunt, so is Giggs, but both of them are respected for what they achieved in football and Henderson is nowhere near on their level in terms of cuntery.

Good grief, that's A LOT.

You can think someone is a prick for how they've behaved but simultaneously recognise they've been good at their job and achieved good things? No?

John Terry is a massive cunt, so is Giggs, but both of them are respected for what they achieved in football and Henderson is nowhere near on their level in terms of cuntery.
Past tense. He doesn't deserve to be in the squad now from a footballing perspective and has let all his teammates down with the way he's behaved as the guy who has chosen, not as captain, to be the public face of LGBTQ+ activism and then thrown that back in the faces of those he purports to support. Then when he decides he doesn't like the environment he sold his soul to, he bales at the first chance he can. As I said previously whether he or JWP/RLC or whoever else goes to Germany as 22nd man and not play doesn't particularly bother me, I do think it should be done on merit though. The same as I said with Coady when he was still technically our player

Is it about calling up the 23 best players or the 1 best team?

Rhetorically; I don't think there's a definitive answer.

When does that stop then? I'm sure Coady would still be brilliant in camp and your 4th choice centre half is unlikely to play.

Back