• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

If you're picking players because they've got loads of caps and they're good to have in the camp we could pluck any manner of players out of retirement and pick them as a body. Henderson shouldn't be in on footballing merit so he shouldn't go.

I mean the defender should look before passing it but the keeper is in such a weird position!

I always loved this first minuter from Lee Dixon. Precision.

If you're picking players because they've got loads of caps and they're good to have in the camp we could pluck any manner of players out of retirement and pick them as a body. Henderson shouldn't be in on footballing merit so he shouldn't go.
I recall Capello taking Beckham as a cheerleader in 2010. That worked wonders.

Table on 13 Feb:

Champ1.png

Ipswich go above Leicester if they win at Blackburn later

Lost as many league games (4) in the last 6 as they had all of the rest of the season. Proper choke.

They missed some big chances today (Vardy the main culprit, and he's been propping them up since Christmas) but bizarre approach when it went 1-0 to Bristol City. No urgency at all, endless possession going nowhere on the halfway line.

Is their charge solely a Premier League one at the moment as they broke spending but are nowhere near financial trouble?

If they do bottle it then presumably it goes away in terms of points as premier league has no jurisdiction over the championship table?

EFL have put them under an embargo but they can't charge them with anything yet as clearly this season's accounts are nowhere near ready.

If they stay down they'll almost certainly fail EFL PSR at some point in 2024/25 and cop a deduction, probably a big one as they've decided to indulge in pointless dick waving and inflammatory statements.

Atwell, Atwelling in the Blackburn, Ipswich game. Disallowing a perfectly fine goal for Blackburn for an interfering with play offside.

Atwell, Atwelling in the Blackburn, Ipswich game. Disallowing a perfectly fine goal for Blackburn for an interfering with play offside.
Bizarre call, no way Szmodics influenced anything there and the lino didn't flag

Such a stupid penalty to give away by Coufal although Gordon definitely bought it by stepping into him.

Trying to work out what result we want from this one. A draw is the safest bet I suppose. If we're really to challenge for Europe, we need to be winning our own games anyway.

1-1 Newcastle losing another centre back leaves them exposed to Antonio through the middle and he punishes them for it.

Commentators desperately trying to make out West Ham’s second shouldn’t stand when they’ve done nothing wrong. Schar making a right meal of a little flick, not the kind of head injury that necessitates immediate treatment.

Back