• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 10/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see if we can get our chief tactician to view that tape and come up with a great plan/set of tactics.
We'll be fine...

If we want a player to run at him it would be Traore
Adama is being weird at the moment. By all accounts he was pretty good against Preston and he did well against Bournemouth when he came on. Otherwise he has literally just walked around when he's been given a few minutes, did it again last Saturday.

You're stuck here now buttercup, so if you want your juicy free agent contract offers in January/June then you might bother to shake a leg.

It's the space he leaves behind with his shit positioning and complete lack of effort to defending that are the main issues. You need someone who's going to directly attack that space on or off the ball.
Doesn't defend the back post well either so getting service across from the other side could work, if you've got a wide player prepared to tuck in and attack the back stick.

You're stuck here now buttercup, so if you want your juicy free agent contract offers in January/June then you might bother to shake a leg.
Wanted in Turkey (does their window close today?)

Apparently we have rejected a £3m loan offer from Galatasaray

Doesn't defend the back post well either so getting service across from the other side could work, if you've got a wide player prepared to tuck in and attack the back stick.

We don't really have anyone who's going to be able to bully him there. Usually it's a centre forward pulling onto him ala Mitro. I can't imagine Neto, Podence or Guedes scoring that kind of goal.

Wanted in Turkey (does their window close today?)

Apparently we have rejected a £3m loan offer from Galatasaray
It does close today.

Why would we loan him, if he leaves then he isn't coming back.

It does close today.

Why would we loan him, if he leaves then he isn't coming back.
Well I guess from our viewpoint we just see it as a transfer. Galatasaray can then say thanks but no thanks next June then.

We don't really have anyone who's going to be able to bully him there. Usually it's a centre forward pulling onto him ala Mitro. I can't imagine Neto, Podence or Guedes scoring that kind of goal.
I don't think you need to do anything physical, he just looks awareness so a bit of smart movement undoes him, not exactly Wolves' strong suit though.

Adama is being weird at the moment. By all accounts he was pretty good against Preston and he did well against Bournemouth when he came on. Otherwise he has literally just walked around when he's been given a few minutes, did it again last Saturday.

Aside from a couple occasions Saints last year and Brighton at home in lockdown he's never done anything of note from the bench off the top of my head. It's a continuation of that for me.

He only got 8 minutes on Saturday, quite hard for any player to influence a game to any degree.

I've long thought you either start him or don't bother.

He had that little spell in Dec/Jan last season when he was doing alright (no more) off the bench, and people were saying he'd "found form" when he obviously hadn't.

8 minutes yes, but he literally just walked around. Hwang is crap but he was pressing as best he can. Adama did nothing.

Yeah he annoyed me against Southampton. Unless you give him the ball he just strolls about. Occasionally jogs to close someone down but he's generally not interested unless he's passed to.

He had that little spell in Dec/Jan last season when he was doing alright (no more) off the bench, and people were saying he'd "found form" when he obviously hadn't.

8 minutes yes, but he literally just walked around. Hwang is crap but he was pressing as best he can. Adama did nothing.

I do agree, and he dribbled his way into trouble in our third the one occasion he got the ball, but the way I see it is its not a new phenomenon it's just standard Traore off the bench.

I view him coming off the bench the same way we do when you see him starting up front.

Suspect there’s every chance the game will be postponed given the reports about the Queen’s health.

Last edited:
Anfield would probably (definitely) not be the ideal place observe a minute’s silence this weekend.

State funerals are usually on Saturdays so it could be that Saturday goes ahead but the Man City game is off or games are moved to the Sunday.

State funerals are usually on Saturdays so it could be that Saturday goes ahead but the Man City game is off or games are moved to the Sunday.
Funeral will be 10 days after the death. So it will be the 18th for day of mourning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back