• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 10/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
I can't see any way that Costa can play anything other than a very short cameo role in this one (assuming he signs). Traoré II is available as far as I know.

They haven't had a good start by any standards let alone their own, but they'll still surely have too much for us.

Free swing, just don't get battered 5+.

---------------------------------Sa-----------------------------

Semedo---------------Collins------------Kilman-----------Jonny

----------------Nunes-------Neves------Moutinho-------------

----------------Podence----Jimenez-------Neto----------------

2021/22: L 0-1 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2020/21: L 0-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2019/20: L 1-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2018/19: L 0-2 (H), L 0-2 (A), W 2-1 (H, FAC)
2016/17: W 2-1 (A, FAC)
2011/12: L 0-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2010/11: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2009/10: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2003/4: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)

If we'd have kept Coady I'd have said this was an ideal game to test Bruno's theory of being flexible with 3 or 4 at the back, but we didn't so same team as DW. Fully expect a tonking.

RAN played very well against Salah last year, think I'd keep him on the left and Jonny on the right for this one. Other than that same team as DW, but pointing out he has Neto on the LEFT

Nunez is back for them I think?

He's dropping rapidly off a cliff anyway but confirmed this morning that Henderson is out.

I can see us trying to employ the same tactics as against Spurs. Can see Neto defending pretty deep with Jonny/Semedo tucking in. Or maybe Jonny right centre back and Semedo right wing-back. With us going to be playing on the break more might not be Podence's game, so could see Guedes starting.

I can see us trying to employ the same tactics as against Spurs. Can see Neto defending pretty deep with Jonny/Semedo tucking in. Or maybe Jonny right centre back and Semedo right wing-back. With us going to be playing on the break more might not be Podence's game, so could see Guedes starting.

Why wouldn't he use similar tactics to the last game we played against them? With a proper keeper in goal all game we'd have probably drawn at worst.

Keep Neto high to take advantage of the space Trent leaves.

Why wouldn't he use similar tactics to the last game we played against them? With a proper keeper in goal all game we'd have probably drawn at worst.

Keep Neto high to take advantage of the space Trent leaves.
Fair point!

Team picks itself really. FWIW I'd play RAN and Jonny.

Wow 11 straight Premier League defeats v this lot. I think we had something similar with Arsenal up until we scraped a draw with them at xmas 2011.
Liverpool other than the Bournemouth game have been average this season.
Even still don’t expect to much from this if anything we’re due some luck v them virtually most games since we came up something has fallen into their lap. Blatant offside in 2019 just before VAR came in. The debacle of the xmas game in 2019 when we had about 42 hours to recover from playing city after they had an extra day off, the hairline disallowed goal.
Jota skying over a month later to get us a draw.
The Covid game at Molineux in 2021 when VAR had a night off and ignored 2 blatant penalties for us.
Origi bagging a last gasp goal last season not bad luck but even still at least score a bit earlier.

Napoli are absolutely caning them at the moment.

We are not Napoli (obvs) but they're attacking at pace with balls behind the back 4 and Liverpool can't cope.

Please, for the love of god, just try and have a go. They're vulnerable.

They won’t be this bad the weekend surely not? Does benefit us them going abroad to play this less than 72 hours before we play them.

Yeah we said the same about Bournemouth. Think you might be alright Jürgen.

Their fans do NOT like Trent at the moment. Tbf he was laughable on at least two of the goals last night.

Can we get Neto running at him? That's our best hope I would think (as well as actually playing through midfield, as somehow we have better players in there than them).

They're also less than sold on Darwin Carroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back