• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 16/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you give Neto who has 3 assists in 2 games, more than any Wolves play in the entirety of last season a rest?
His overall play hasn't been all that great IMO and despite the assists I thought he looked really tired at end of the Palace match.

Probably not helping his case in my mind that neither goal against Palace ended up meaning anything.

lSIoD2moLRf0.gif
Record with a back 3 under GO....P1 W1 F5 A0

Obviously ignore it was Blackpool and Liverpool should be slightly better than them...

He probably won't do this but i'm still struggling to get over his tactical masterclass at Palace

Neto looked a million miles better against Palace as he was used where he’s best, on the left. He was probably our best performer, why on earth would you drop him??
For Hwang as well who may have the rare knack in our squad of scoring a scrappy goal (not to be underrated amongst the thin gruel) but when handed a start at Everton was abysmal for 45 minutes.

Honestly I think, to an extent, Neto still lives off the memory of when he first broke through here.

I didn't think he looked "a million miles better against Palace", I thought he looked mostly okay and then dropped off terribly after 65'.

Honestly I think, to an extent, Neto still lives off the memory of when he first broke through here.

I didn't think he looked "a million miles better against Palace", I thought he looked mostly okay and then dropped off terribly after 65'.
Neto looked a million miles better against Palace playing on the left than any of the previous games where he was utilised on the right where he is completely indecisive and totally ineffective. He has no right foot, he’s wasted on the right and kills attacks stone dead.

Neto looked a million miles better against Palace playing on the left than any of the previous games where he was utilised on the right where he is completely indecisive and totally ineffective. He has no right foot, he’s wasted on the right and kills attacks stone dead.
I mostly agree with the last bit, but I disagree that he looked a million miles better against Palace on left, as I said. Better, yes, but not some night and day difference, IMV.

For Hwang as well who may have the rare knack in our squad of scoring a scrappy goal (not to be underrated amongst the thin gruel) but when handed a start at Everton was abysmal for 45 minutes.
Hwang was weird against Palace too, scored a really good goal, but was pretty bloody shit aside from that. Gave the ball away so often.

And yes, Sarabia corner for Hwang against Brighton (y)

I mostly agree with the last bit, but I disagree that he looked a million miles better against Palace on left, as I said.
And I obviously strongly disagree. He was a constant threat against Palace and largely shit against everybody else.

And I obviously strongly disagree. He was a constant threat against Palace and largely shit against everybody else.
It was disappointing he didn't run at Ward more, especially as he was on a booking.

How'd he look for Portugal the other day?

Neto on the right would be fine if we had an attacking RB going outside him. We obviously don't so it's fairly easy to negate him out there (although he did set up Sasa's goal at Goodison from there).

It was disappointing he didn't run at Ward more, especially as he was on a booking.

How'd he look for Portugal the other day?
He just looked so much livelier, confident on the ball and played with his head up. He’s always looking at the floor when he’s on the right. He could have gone at Ward more though definitely.

I didn’t see any of the Portugal game.

Man, sometimes I wonder what I'm watching, because I sure as shit saw nothing from anyone against Palace that told me, "yep, can't drop 'em". Including Neto.

Man, sometimes I wonder what I'm watching, because I sure as shit saw nothing from anyone against Palace that told me, "yep, can't drop 'em". Including Neto.
But you're advocating Hwang wide left in a four man midfield.

You'd only need Marçal behind him for it to be the world's biggest black hole of possession.

And in the name of "rest" too after four games :D

I noticed that just short of half time Pedro looked absolutely pissed off

I think you’re probably in a very small minority there to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back