• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 16/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
----------------------------Sa------------------------

Semedo----------S Bueno---------Toti----------Ait-Nouri

-------------Doyle------Lemina----Bellegarde------------

-------------Cunha-----Kalajdzic-----Neto-----------------

2022/23: W 3-0 (H), L 0-2 (A), D 2-2 (A, FAC), L 0-1 (H, FAC)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2020/21: L 0-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2019/20: L 1-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2018/19: L 0-2 (H), L 0-2 (A), W 2-1 (H, FAC)
2016/17: W 2-1 (A, FAC)
2011/12: L 0-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2010/11: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2009/10: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2003/4: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)

I know Santi probably won't play because he isn't even in the country as it stands but I've had enough of Dawson let alone Captain Crap for the time being.

If Sa could not pass it straight to opponents 20 yards out that would be great, thanks.

Last edited:
Sa
Semedo Dawson Toti RAN
Doyle Lemina
Bellegarde Cunha Neto
Kalajdzic

Bueno 2 isn't happening for the reason you mentioned, Gomes was poor against Palace, I prefer Cunha centrally and I don't want to move Neto back over to the right, but do want to see what Bellegarde can do

Captain fantastic will play

VVD got an extra games ban so is out

Last edited:
Sa
Semedo - Dawson - Toti - Bueno
Lemina
Gomes -- Bellegarde
Cunha-------- Sasa ----------- Neto​

I would never leave Joao Gomes out by choice, even after a mixed start.

Also would definitely have Bueno over RAN. Bueno is better defensively for me RAN looks all over the place.

Helen’s coming to this one I think. She’s only seen us lose so far. Can’t see it changing.

Santo has had an ankle injury too. Not even sure if he's fit yet.

Uruguay would have sent him home if he were actually injured, he was an unused sub for them against Chile.

They have Ecuador away tomorrow evening.

Uruguay would have sent him home if he were actually injured, he was an unused sub for them against Chile.

They have Ecuador away tomorrow evening.
Slight injury and was not involved. I think they just name all the squad as subs like the time Mexico did with Raul and Wolves Twitter collectively lost their shit.

Don't they just name the entire squad on the bench for international games now? Maybe he's having treatment with them.

I know Lage substituted Coady but when was the last time the Captain was dropped?

Batth was captain when Nuno started and lost his place after a couple of months.

Neves didn't come straight back in after his two match ban last spring (Wolves galaxy brains on Twitter reckoned we were better without him, we went on to lose at Leicester, he only came on in the second half).

We have dug ourselves a stupid hole with Kilman. Even if you rate him as a defender (guess which side of the fence I fall) he is NOT a captain.

Batth was captain when Nuno started and lost his place after a couple of months.

Neves didn't come straight back in after his two match ban last spring (Wolves galaxy brains on Twitter reckoned we were better without him, we went on to lose at Leicester, he only came on in the second half).
Oh there’s a chance then, not sure O’Neil has Nuno’s nouse though.

I'd be surprised if O'Neil drops Kilman or Dawson. Aït-Nouri, or Gomes are far more likely to take the 'blame' as they're easier targets for a young manager.

I think something along these lines is far more likely.

Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno

Hwang Doyle Lemina Neto

Cunha

Silva

Similar to Lycan (I'd drop Kilman but it won't happen), but give Neto a rest, put Hwang left, give Jean Jean his full debut on the right.

I'm betting the house on Bellegarde.

If he wants to keep having the centre halves pushing high and engaging forwards in the middle third of the pitch then the current pair are an awful fit.

Either needs to change personnel or tactics, or it's a disaster waiting to happen. Kilman is dreadful at it, continually gets it wrong when to press and when to stand off. Once he's beaten to the ball then he's never getting back as he turns like a yoghurt.

I think he may go 3 at the back. Absolutely nothing to back up that prediction though...just a feeling.
Seemed to get the best out of Sarabia.

I wouldn't mind it. A back 3/5 doesn't have to be neutered offensively.

I think he may go 3 at the back.
lSIoD2moLRf0.gif

Why would you give Neto who has 3 assists in 2 games, more than any Wolves play in the entirety of last season a rest?
Was about to say exactly the same! We barely score as it is, resting our only player to create a goal seems a little odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back