• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 16/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hwang is very much an impact sub. He's been muck when starting.

But you're advocating Hwang wide left in a four man midfield.

You'd only need Marçal behind him for it to be the world's biggest black hole of possession.

And in the name of "rest" too after four games :D
If he didn't look so tired for the last half hour of the Palace match it wouldn't feel like he needed it.

I also really do feel like Neto is getting a weird pass on his performances, not unlike how I feel everything negative Hwang does gets amplified.

The Palace game was already eight days ago, we aren't playing for another five, I don't think he looked tired either?

We did stop trying to keep the ball or offer any attacking threat after it went 1-1, because the manager got it totally wrong in terms of tactics and mindset.

The Palace game was already eight days ago, we aren't playing for another five, I don't think he looked tired either?

We did stop trying to keep the ball or offer any attacking threat after it went 1-1, because the manager got it totally wrong in terms of tactics and mindset.
Always difficult for me to untangle who to fault for this sort of thing, I'll grant you that. Though, to be clear, I'm not trying to scapegoat Pedro for GO's benefit or anything like that.

I want him to be better, sometimes a benching can spark that in a player.

............................ Sa

Semedo - Dawson - Toti - Bueno

................. Lemina - Gomes

..... Bellegarde - Cunha - Neto

.......................... Sasa

Edit - Forgot about Bellegarde.

Last edited:
Always difficult for me to untangle who to fault for this sort of thing, I'll grant you that. Though, to be clear, I'm not trying to scapegoat Pedro for GO's benefit or anything like that.

I want him to be better, sometimes a benching can spark that in a player.
Top motivation, you've produced more than any other player in the team this season, so this week you'll be sub, now have a think how you can be better

Produced more while still not being good enough in general, I'd say.
Top motivation, you've produced more than any other player in the team this season, so this week you'll be sub, now have a think how you can be better
He should do, yes.

dave-jones-at-wolves-575306513.jpg

But you're advocating Hwang wide left in a four man midfield.

You'd only need Marçal behind him for it to be the world's biggest black hole of possession.

And in the name of "rest" too after four games :D
Has Neto been away during international break?

He didn't look all there for the last half hour-ish of the Palace match to me, dunno what to say. 🤷‍♂️

Neto has probably been our best performer so far this season apart from Lemina, admittedly a low bar, but it would be crazy to drop him.
Not sure he'll chuck Doyle and Bellegarde straight in together although I wouldn't be against it, we've put our faith in these young up and comers, given the alternatives, they'll have to sink or swim.
Wonder if Sasa is OK to start?

............................Sa
Semedo.....Santi.......Kilman......Toti
...............Doyle.........Lemina
......................Bellegarde
.....Cunha........Sasa..........Neto.

He won't drop Kilman.

Sorry but I don't see the argument for dropping Neto at all.

As has been mentioned he has gotten most of our assists (mostly out of position as well) and is probably the player that has put the most effort in out of anyone else on the pitch whilst playing. Constantly gesturing towards the fans to give more noise, celebrating the goals more than anyone else. He is the main man, you don't drop him when fit.

Sorry but I don't see the argument for dropping Neto at all.

As has been mentioned he has gotten most of our assists (mostly out of position as well) and is probably the player that has put the most effort in out of anyone else on the pitch whilst playing. Constantly gesturing towards the fans to give more noise, celebrating the goals more than anyone else. He is the main man, you don't drop him when fit.
Tbf I think it's only Alan dropping him, he's chosen an odd hill to die on (soz Al)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back