• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H, FAC R3 Replay) 17/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sa
Lembikisa - Collins - Kilman - Beuno
Neves - Nunes
Podence - Cunha - Hwang
Jiminez

Adama, Moutinho, Hodge, Toti, Semedo or RAN if needing a goal

I didn’t think Hooper had a bad game on Sat yet saw on here everyone slating him
He had a spell in middle of the second half when WH got a number of soft free kicks yet seemingly worse challenges on Wolves players were waved on. I suspect the key word here is seemingly. Overall he was nowhere near as bad as many refs we’ve had but after recent events it would be nice to leave a game thinking we’ve had the run of the green for once.

He had a spell in middle of the second half when WH got a number of soft free kicks yet seemingly worse challenges on Wolves players were waved on. I suspect the key word here is seemingly. Overall he was nowhere near as bad as many refs we’ve had but after recent events it would be nice to leave a game thinking we’ve had the run of the green for once.
Villa ? Lucky to keep 11 players on the pitch after that tackle by Hwang .

Villa ? Lucky to keep 11 players on the pitch after that tackle by Hwang .
Some would say keeping him on the pitch impacted us more than Villa….

I joke. He’s doing alright under Lop.

It’s a shame we can’t be using tonight to play the outstanding Premier League fixture and freezing my arse off at Anfield rather than Molineux.

I reckon he'll go with the following:

Sarkic
Jonny Collins Kilman Bueno
Adama Hodge Moutinho RAN
Cunha Raul
I'm basing that off who he picked in the last game against them, and also who started/was subbed early etc v West Ham. I'd prefer to have Neves/Nunes in the middle, but they both played the full 90 on Saturday so he may prefer to bring them on later if the score is still close.

Dexter didn't even make the squad against West Ham so I think he'll go with Jonny.

Sounds like Costa might be involved, but would be surprised to see him start.

I reckon he'll go with the following:

Sarkic
Jonny Collins Kilman Bueno
Adama Hodge Moutinho RAN
Cunha Raul
I'm basing that off who he picked in the last game against them, and also who started/was subbed early etc v West Ham. I'd prefer to have Neves/Nunes in the middle, but they both played the full 90 on Saturday so he may prefer to bring them on later if the score is still close.

Dexter didn't even make the squad against West Ham so I think he'll go with Jonny.

Sounds like Costa might be involved, but would be surprised to see him start.
I'll be very disappointed if he goes with that midfield (and Adama), it's the area where we are strongest and one of Liverpools weak points.

I'll be very disappointed if he goes with that midfield (and Adama), it's the area where we are strongest and one of Liverpools weak points.
I don't disagree. Moutinho was the only one of the midfield three that came off v West Ham and Hodge started the first game v Liverpool (and did well), so that's why I guessed that. But it's literally a guess and it wouldn't surprise me to see him start Neves & Nunes.

Adama keeps getting selected in these types of games because managers think he can hurt teams on the break. Maybe Smooth Loperator will be the first to see through that and just exclusively use him off the bench.

Some would say keeping him on the pitch impacted us more than Villa….

I joke. He’s doing alright under Lop.
He is in fairness , he works hard . Not sure he'll get his first team place when all the new players are up to speed . We'll see , nice problem to have .

He is in fairness , he works hard . Not sure he'll get his first team place when all the new players are up to speed . We'll see , nice problem to have .
I don’t really have an issue with hwang. He is what he is. Works hard and gets the most out of what he is. Better than having all the ability in the world and doing nothing with it

Meh not happy with the 433 but Liverpools team is shit so should be enough.

Tonight we will wear black armbands in memory of Jose Antonio Caro and Agustin Agote 💛

The father of first-team fitness coach Oscar Caro and the cousin of Julen Lopetegui both passed away suddenly in the last two days.

Defence is a bit weaker than I'd like, need to try and stay in it first half.

There are a number of their players with a point to prove though, can see them being better than we expect.
Love how our brains work as football fans

Our team make a lot of changes and weaken the starting XI..."oh shit, we are getting hammered here"

Opposition do similar "oh shit, these players have a point to prove. Going to be a tough night"

(For clarity I fully expect the tough night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back