• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H, FAC R3 Replay) 17/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
I fancy us here. They're in rancid form, we should have won at Anfield and I don't see them going anywhere near as strong as they did in the original tie. Although bloody Brighton away isn't that much of an incentive...

I'd go with Saturday's team with maybe RAN in for Bueno, why not. Pretty sure Lemina can't play.

2022/23: D 2-2 (A, FAC)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2020/21: L 0-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2019/20: L 1-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2018/19: L 0-2 (H), L 0-2 (A), W 2-1 (H, FAC)
2016/17: W 2-1 (A, FAC)
2011/12: L 0-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2010/11: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2009/10: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2003/4: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)

Yeah Lemina should be ineligible as he wasn't our player for the first fixture.

Can see a couple of changes but with the city game on Sunday we can go fairly strong tbf!

Not much different from the Anfield game I guess

If Guedes isn't involved tomorrow then 100% his time is up. We will of course have an open counselling session for you when that happens

Just be nice to come away from a game v Liverpool and not feel like we’ve been screwed over by the officials.

Guedes is going.

Lopetegui said he wasn't in the squad for tactical reasons yet he had another wide forward in Campbell on the bench.

In the wide positions now you have or will soon have

Podence
Hwang
Sarabia
Traore
Guedes
Neto (back soon)

That's not even counting RAN who he now plays further forward a lot, Cunha can fill one of those wider positions if necessary and Chiquinho to come back next season.

There's 2 spots and possubly in some cases 3 if we play the 4-4-1-1 we have used recently. Way too many players to fit. Guedes hasn't worked out and letting him go gives another spot to bring in another foreign player so it just makes too much sense that he won't be here at the end of the window.

There's a maximum of 2 spots and 1 if we play the 4-4-1-1 we have used recently. Way too many players to fit. Guedes hasn't worked out and letting him go gives another spot to bring in another foreign player so it just makes too much sense that he won't be here at the end of the window.
Yep. And it's quick enough to push it to some mug as "he just hasn't settled here" rather than "he's absolutely wank, let's hope they've never watched him actually play".

Yep. And it's quick enough to push it to some mug as "he just hasn't settled here" rather than "he's absolutely wank, let's hope they've never watched him actually play".
I know you are so deep into the Guedes is wank stuff and got lost but he was liked and rated back in Spain by Valencia fans, so no worry about teams having watched him and being put off.

He falls into the Willian Jose category of signings for me. Just need to hope the Mendes link means we are not massively out of pocket on transfer fees

As long as Jorge can do his thing of course.
We will probably loan him out if needs be so that we can get that space back and he can play some football. There will be takers for him on loan, just have to hope it doesn't go the way of some of our other players in the past where they get devalued with each unsuccessful loan to the point where they are worth nothing. Mentioning no names.

As long as Jorge can do his thing of course.
Don’t see why he won’t be able to. He’s had a shit 6 months. If we keep him till summer and he continues to be shit, then his value will be a hell of a lot lower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back