• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool vs Wolves Build-up Thread

Yeah, local together with family history is what I meant. Rather than just picking at team because they are good - there are 12 boys in my kids class at school, all bar my 2 support city, Utd or Liverpool :(

With the media fawning over the big 6 constantly and with some kids parents not really into football they will inevitably support the best teams in the country. It's up to us as parents and Wolves as a club to have a better outreach program. But some people will always chase easy success.

Johnny75;1242318 People supporting their local team isn't likely said:
This. The people down here who support Northern teams generally do so because their dads did/do, not for glory hunting reasons. And if you live in the south, but outside of London, there aren't really that many local teams of any size to support. There'd be no more reason for me to support Southampton or Arsenal than to support United. As it happens I ended up with the completely random option of Wolves.

I don't think you can split United and Liverpool on the plastic front, I dislike them equally. As for Munich songs, Utd sang Hillsborough ones until recently

There was a Liverpool fan in the stand to the right of us wearing a Brighton shirt... We took the piss out of him for wearing it (for a short time) and then, when he took it off (City went 3-1 up) we took the piss again.
He asked for it imho

There was a Liverpool fan in the stand to the right of us wearing a Brighton shirt... We took the piss out of him for wearing it (for a short time) and then, when he took it off (City went 3-1 up) we took the piss again.
He asked for it imho

Sky zoomed in on him during the game when Brighton scored... very cringy behaviour. Only fans I can think of to do that are Liverpool and Newcastle.

Think football fans are the most hypocritical when it comes to their own clubs and love to use confirmation bias to support there argument. Wolves fans are no angels far from it and we have a chunk of fans that are embarrassing especially singing the sign on song.
No fan of any club can look at their own fans and claim to be perfect. As long as chants aren’t racist, homophobic or extremely distasteful I’ve not got to many problems.
One clubs fans moralising with another clubs fans is highly hypocritical.

I think singing about fatalities is crossing the line.

The sign on song is just cringey and small time.

Leeds and Millwall get that loads of people dislike them/their club and accept it, or that's how it feels from what I see online of them. With Liverpool it's like you're not allowed to dislike them, fans just can't work out why anyone would dislike them.

There main point seems to be that City have bought the league, why would anyone want THEM over US?

Might be a sign of just how much a lot of people don't like Liverpool... I'd rather Albion won the league.

Liverpool fans were shite yesterday. A lot of noise for about 2 minutes in the first half, for about a minute after the goals and then for the last 30 seconds. Apart from that all they gave back was a bit of arm waving and finger pointing while we took the piss.

Their support for their team was dreadful. Their player have been absolutely amazing this season but they still couldn't get behind them.

On the bus back into town there were a group of 'fans' who had clearly never even been to Liverpool before as they were slagging off the state of the city as we passed.

I think singing about fatalities is crossing the line.

The sign on song is just cringey and small time.
A man u fan engaged us in discussion on the train home. He was clearly fuming about the Cardiff result but somehow confused us with Liverpool fans...

As he left he said "enjoy the European Cup and try not to kill anyone"

Queue confused looks from us and a response of "We're Wolves mate"

Angry man u fan "HEYSEL"

Us "we're Wolves mate"

Man u fan realises his mistake and slinks off as we sing him "Wolves Aye We". What a prick.

Thought Liverpool fans were OK yesterday, up there with one of the better home fans I've seen this season.

TBF Liverpool and Utd were the best away fans at Molineux this season, Liverpool just shading it due to the couple of plastic Utd fans who felt the need to talk about 'cunting wolves fans' as I walked back to the car with my 2 kids.

It would be wrong then but to still sing it over 50 years on is classless and wrong. And then you get to the only British team in European competition that has killed people on a scale that Liverpool fans did.

People supporting their local team isn't likely, it has more to do with family and tradition. My kids are Wolves fans and will never be Stoke/ Vale fans.

wow Johny, I am quite astonished that you find opposition fans dragging up dirt to sing about is unusual, it's been going on for over 50 years, but what really astonishes me is your knowledge of what actually caused Hysel is just so wrong.

wow Johny, I am quite astonished that you find opposition fans dragging up dirt to sing about is unusual, it's been going on for over 50 years, but what really astonishes me is your knowledge of what actually caused Hysel is just so wrong.

Right, Liverpool fans weren't to blame for Heysel?

Of course it was Chelsea fans that ran at the Juventus fans....thats what the Liverpool fans said.

Right, Liverpool fans weren't to blame for Heysel?

I have no wish to exonerate Liverpool fans for Heysel, but the facts are that they suffered a lot of aggro from Juve fans both before in the city, and during the start to the game, and finally charged en Masse, at the line of separation between the two sets of fans.
The juve fans turned and ran and pushed the supporters in front of them ( not involved in the aggro) forwards. The crush hit the wall at the front, the wall collapsed, and fatalities were unacceptably incurred.
The problem was both sets of fans, not merely Liverpool fans.
Frankly in that epoch, not being a big fella i was crushed by fan charges more than once in the north bank at Molineux that could.....could.... have resulted in the same, Many instigated by Wolves fans.
Football at that time was all about aggro in the stands, with hooligans, everywhere in Europe.
Only after the ground changes following Sheffield did things change. But trust me, before that, Wolverhampton station was not a place to be for an hour or two after any wolves game, however quickly you needed to get your train home.
I was once shunted by a station porter??? onto a train for Birmingham with a pal of mine, which turned out to be the QPR football special back to Euston.
1 minute out of Wolves station it began, they kicked the shit out of us, if the seats hadn't had a table between which gave us some cover I wouldn't be typing this, steel toe caps boots hurt like fuck, and i have no idea how, but if we hadn't forced our way in adrenaline filled panic to where i believe we saved our lives, by locking ourselves in a toilet and refusing to open it even for the police, until the train had been stationary for almost an hour in Euston, I wouldn't be typing this.
luckily my worst injury was two cracked ribs, but it could have been so much worse. (heads in those days were a penalty kick to opposing supporters)
Like it or not (which i didn't) it was the times, both sets of supporters for every game had literally hundreds of hooligans, not as refined as the current day Ultras (planning rucks on the internet), but a huge hoard of violence mad, pissed up loonies.
Thank fuck things have changed now.
Heysel for the catastrophe it was was 50/50 % hooligans from both sides, but only one side suffered the fatalities.
If you can walk from your parking space, bus stop or the station today to the ground wearing wolves colours, and i mean at Molineux not away, you are living a charmed life, be grateful , not vindictive.

That sort of post and story is always what I refer people to who moan about half and half scarfs and the like.

I have no wish to exonerate Liverpool fans for Heysel, but the facts are that they suffered a lot of aggro from Juve fans both before in the city, and during the start to the game, and finally charged en Masse, at the line of separation between the two sets of fans.
The juve fans turned and ran and pushed the supporters in front of them ( not involved in the aggro) forwards. The crush hit the wall at the front, the wall collapsed, and fatalities were unacceptably incurred.
The problem was both sets of fans, not merely Liverpool fans.
Frankly in that epoch, not being a big fella i was crushed by fan charges more than once in the north bank at Molineux that could.....could.... have resulted in the same, Many instigated by Wolves fans.
Football at that time was all about aggro in the stands, with hooligans, everywhere in Europe.
Only after the ground changes following Sheffield did things change. But trust me, before that, Wolverhampton station was not a place to be for an hour or two after any wolves game, however quickly you needed to get your train home.
I was once shunted by a station porter??? onto a train for Birmingham with a pal of mine, which turned out to be the QPR football special back to Euston.
1 minute out of Wolves station it began, they kicked the shit out of us, if the seats hadn't had a table between which gave us some cover I wouldn't be typing this, steel toe caps boots hurt like fuck, and i have no idea how, but if we hadn't forced our way in adrenaline filled panic to where i believe we saved our lives, by locking ourselves in a toilet and refusing to open it even for the police, until the train had been stationary for almost an hour in Euston, I wouldn't be typing this.
luckily my worst injury was two cracked ribs, but it could have been so much worse. (heads in those days were a penalty kick to opposing supporters)
Like it or not (which i didn't) it was the times, both sets of supporters for every game had literally hundreds of hooligans, not as refined as the current day Ultras (planning rucks on the internet), but a huge hoard of violence mad, pissed up loonies.
Thank fuck things have changed now.
Heysel for the catastrophe it was was 50/50 % hooligans from both sides, but only one side suffered the fatalities.
If you can walk from your parking space, bus stop or the station today to the ground wearing wolves colours, and i mean at Molineux not away, you are living a charmed life, be grateful , not vindictive.

A lot of the Heysel stuff in this post is incorrect. Firstly the disaster happened an hour or so before kick off so had nothing to do with Liverpool fans being attacked "during the start of the game", secondly if there was another party to blame it was UEFA for playing the game in an unsafe stadium, not Juventus. Finally Liverpool fans were in Brussels looking for revenge that night after being battered in Rome the previous year. Of course they did not go to kill people and if the stadium had been fit for purpose there wouldn't have been any fatalities, but to claim Juventus fans were equally culpable is both incorrect and an insult.

Ye gods. And you lot give me dogs abuse. Heysel is a matter of public record. Research it.

Back