• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool vs Wolves Build-up Thread

Not much talk about the game today, guess that's inevitable since it doesn't really matter that much to us. Hope we give them a game and a half, and I think we will. I would be happy though for Liverpool to somehow win the PL so Man City have to give everything in the Cup Final to avoid their season finishing on a whimper. Unfortunately I can't see Man City messing things up at Brighton.

Not much talk about the game today, guess that's inevitable since it doesn't really matter that much to us. Hope we give them a game and a half, and I think we will. I would be happy though for Liverpool to somehow win the PL so Man City have to give everything in the Cup Final to avoid their season finishing on a whimper. Unfortunately I can't see Man City messing things up at Brighton.
Man City would be the first team to win the domestic treble I think that would give them enough motivation

I think winning a trophy full stop is enough motivation.

If Watford do manage to get past City, it won’t because City have or have not won other competitions this season.

On today’s game, if we are losing comfortably and/or the Brighton game is put to bed may we see Norris/Kilman again?

Hoping we get a result, don't care at all who wins the title, City will beat Brighton comfortably

It would be incredible if we got to 60 points this season. Liverpool are immense at home though, I think we will lose 2-0. A bit like last the home league game I think we will put up a decent fight

Phil Thompson was surprisingly very nice about us, right until he said we will struggle to keep Nuno.

Phil Thompson was surprisingly very nice about us, right until he said we will struggle to keep Nuno.

Balls though that, isn't it, at least in the short term. None of the teams above us are changing managers, no big jobs are opening up around Europe right now (and I mean none, PSG have finished dreadfully, Bayern have made a right meal of the Bundesliga and will probably *just* limp over the line, but doubt Tuchel or Kovac are leaving just yet. And Nuno probably wouldn't be in the frame anyway).

Then you move to next season, let's say United are still shit and they pie off Ole before Christmas. Because of the kind of club they are - and the mindset of their board - they are not going to employ a guy who has won virtually nothing, whatever his merits.

The one possible fly in the ointment would be if Levy can't persuade Poch that he's ready to move the club to the next level and he leaves. But I doubt that will happen. Levy knows the value of assets.

Oh I agree it is nonsense.

But to be fair to Thompson he waxed lyrical about our fantastic manager, and also about Jiminez and Jota.

Hope we go for it today, want us to beat these.
Sods law that they seem to have everyone fit again.... Cept Firmiho.
Unfortunately, I keep reading Traore is starting, hope it's just someone avin a loff.

I see Everton supposedly want £70m for Richarlison. God knows what that makes Jota worth

I see Everton supposedly want £70m for Richarlison. God knows what that makes Jota worth

It's an Akinbiyi cycle. Everton vastly overpaid for him, he's done alright so they want profit on top...

Poor old Ade. None of that was his fault. He was what he was.

It's an Akinbiyi cycle. Everton vastly overpaid for him, he's done alright so they want profit on top...

Poor old Ade. None of that was his fault. He was what he was.

Sounds like a book by Robert Ludlum. The Akinbiyi Cycle

Robert Ludlum!! My goodness I remember them. I loved the Parsifal Mosaic.

Good.

Traore could maybe have something to say later on, but unchanged is absolutely correct.

It was all over the Wolves twitterati that Traore was starting.

Thankfully those belmers were wrong.

Back