• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2020-2021

22 is ancient by Nuno standards, if he rated him he'd be around our first team. The U23s we send out are the ones we are ripening for sale not looking to develop for our own side

I think he's far better than Kilman who I think might just about make a League One career eventually, but I don't make the decisions. At the end of the day Max doesn't play and neither would Dion if he were here.

Sanderson at this point looks like he will have a good championship career. We’ll get a bit of money and have a sell on clause I think.

Our academy is fairly decent at producing football league players at the moment on a more consistent basis, next step is developing higher end players like Chelsea/united/city do, but that isn’t easy

Let's see where he ends up. He did well at Cardiff when played out of position and now he's getting picked at Sunderland is turning in regular MOTM performances. I'm not sure what else he could do doing.

It's obviously a long way from PL standard but could save us a big chunk of cash even if he gets to squad player standard.

No way should we be writing him off yet as he's only had a handful of first team games.

Sanderson at this point looks like he will have a good championship career. We’ll get a bit of money and have a sell on clause I think.

Our academy is fairly decent at producing football league players at the moment on a more consistent basis, next step is developing higher end players like Chelsea/united/city do, but that isn’t easy

Yes, I think Sanderson will probably turn out to be high end Championship/lower Premier League.

Who was the lad we'd sold recently? I think he plays CM maybe - he's earning rave reviews at the moment (so much so I can't remember his name - but a few clubs wanted to sign him). I still follow him on Twitter but his name escapes me.

Yes, I think Sanderson will probably turn out to be high end Championship/lower Premier League.

Who was the lad we'd sold recently? I think he plays CM maybe - he's earning rave reviews at the moment (so much so I can't remember his name - but a few clubs wanted to sign him). I still follow him on Twitter but his name escapes me.
Goncalves?

Elliott Watt?

Not seen much of him but he's certainly filled out since he's been away from Wolves, looks like he'd have been a better bet than Cutrone in January but perhaps there's already a permanent move to Huesca lined up that they didn't want to jeopardise.

Not seen much of him but he's certainly filled out since he's been away from Wolves, looks like he'd have been a better bet than Cutrone in January but perhaps there's already a permanent move to Huesca lined up that they didn't want to jeopardise.
Not seen that pace before either, although it might just have been a very slow defender I don't expect to see him back though

He certainly looks physically ready for the Premier League, must surely be worth looking over him at pre-season

From the weekend:

Dion Sanderson - Sunderland, League One

A full game and his first goal for the club, a strong header at the far post from a corner. 2-0.

Goal at the start of this vid:

Matija Sarkic - Shrewsbury, League One

Played in a 2-0 defeat at home to Fleetwood.

Rafa Mir - Huesca, La Liga

A full game and a scorcher of a goal in a 4-3 defeat to Vigo.

Ruben Vinagre - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Played 82 minutes of a 3-0 defeat at Boavista. Hit the bar with a fine effort from the edge of the box.

Meritan Shabani - VVV Venlo, Eredivisie

Played 73 mins of a 6-0 defeat as one of a midfield three.

Christian Herc - M.K. Karvina Czech Super League

Played 90 minutes of a 1-1 draw.

Grasshoppers, Swiss Challenge League (second tier)

Gomes and Ronan got a full game, and Bonatini came on for the last half an hour in a 1-0 defeat. Leo hit the post after some good build-up play involving Ronan, but their team lost thanks to a last-minute tap-in that saw Gomes dragged out of position.

Unused sub: Cutrone

Not in squad: Matheson, Pardington, Jordao, Campana.

No game: Giles.

I don't know if he's injured but if not Cook has relegated Matheson from the bench to the stand

I don't know if he's injured but if not Cook has relegated Matheson from the bench to the stand
He wasn't in the squad for Lambert's last game so presume he is injured

He wasn't in the squad for Lambert's last game so presume he is injured
Depends which other loan players they have. They have one too many for all to be in the match day squad I believe

I can never work out why clubs do that.

We did it too. Vinagre was hardly ever in the matchday squad at the back end of 2017/18.

Back