• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2020-2021

The frustration comes when you loan out someone like Ronan to League One (which is a level he's far too good for) and managers don't pick him or put him out of position.

Don't think much of that applies here. As I've said before, one of the issues with loans is that if things go south for the team as a whole, they're the easiest players to drop. You don't own them, you don't have to keep them so who cares. If a team gets in a position where they have nothing to play for then they're better off picking their own players anyway.

It's why we shouldn't even be remotely considering loaning Fabio out (I doubt we are anyway).

Doesn't Seyi just look after the players when they go out on loan? Didn't think he was in charge of putting them in clubs (might be my poor understanding of his role)

This seems to indicate he has at least some say in the matter (unless we just fancied throwing him under the bus, which I'm fine with tbh, literally and metaphorically)

Doesn't Seyi just look after the players when they go out on loan? Didn't think he was in charge of putting them in clubs (might be my poor understanding of his role)
I think that is his role and I’m not knocking Seyi personally, it is a failing of the club not to take the role seriously and is more a failure of senior management.

Other clubs have seen it as a business development role which is what it should be. Pointless having somebody ask if the player is OK.

Better to have somebody looking after players interests and have the club balance sheet understanding.

I thought the club had advertised for a strategic marketing of players manager or something. Someone who will raise the profile of our players to other clubs and help facilitate moving them on

So my take there would be club comes in for a player and we send Seyi off to see if the club is suitable, in terms of playing style, etc.

Maybe the players don't understand the clubs that Seyi supplies them...
You need to let it go

I think that is his role and I’m not knocking Seyi personally, it is a failing of the club not to take the role seriously and is more a failure of senior management.

Other clubs have seen it as a business development role which is what it should be. Pointless having somebody ask if the player is OK.

Better to have somebody looking after players interests and have the club balance sheet understanding.
Maybe the recent change this year with Sellars moving up in the club will see a change but we have taken a couple of fees this year and a few others have been doing ok. The only issues are with ones we want to develop, Luke being the main one right now

Maybe the recent change this year with Sellars moving up in the club will see a change but we have taken a couple of fees this year and a few others have been doing ok. The only issues are with ones we want to develop, Luke being the main one right now
Having watched the U23’s a few times this season I think it’s safe to say none of them are in Nuno’s plans.

Bar Lonwijk and Corbeanu and maybe Campbell I can’t see any making the first team.

Marques too but he seems to have disappeared, I assume he's injured.

Lewis Richards is decent, as is Taylor Perry. Whether they'll make it to the first team or not remains to be seen. It's an incredibly hard thing to achieve mind.

I do feel the youngsters we have now are better than what we've had for a while. The current u18 group looks decent too

Marques too but he seems to have disappeared, I assume he's injured.
He was, back in training the week just gone.

The thing that troubles me is the players who make the step up to the first team squad, but end up not playing any football. Bright went 3 months once without barely kicking a competitive ball. Otasowie is there now. I don't see why they can't get midweek u23 action and still be on the bench/19th man in none Covid times

Lewis Richards is decent, as is Taylor Perry. Whether they'll make it to the first team or not remains to be seen. It's an incredibly hard thing to achieve mind.

I do feel the youngsters we have now are better than what we've had for a while. The current u18 group looks decent too
There's a 15% chance of an academy player making it as a professional so the odds are slim.

The two you've mentioned will do ok at lower levels. Not for the senior squad though.

What's happened to Luke Matheson? Is he injured? Or has a month's exposure to Lambert ended his career?

Ipswich have six loan players, you can only have 5 in a match day squad
All true, but not the reason he's not being selected. They only had 2 in their squad yesterday. Their captain is playing right back and they are only having one defender on the bench. Presumably he's not seen as versatile enough to be that player.

For whatever reason it's another shit loan

All true, but not the reason he's not being selected. They only had 2 in their squad yesterday. Their captain is playing right back and they are only having one defender on the bench. Presumably he's not seen as versatile enough to be that player.

For whatever reason it's another shit loan
Suppose if your a new manager coming in, you will need the captain till you see how the land lies in the squad and have sussed things out.

Wouldnt be a good move to piss him off by dropping him for a kid on loan.

Suppose if your a new manager coming in, you will need the captain till you see how the land lies in the squad and have sussed things out.

Wouldnt be a good move to piss him off by dropping him for a kid on loan.
Lambert didn't put him on the bench for his last game, neither did the caretaker

So issues with the player maybe. Didn't play a lot of U23 games before leaving us, so maybe after the adrenaline of the debut his true match fitness has come through and now playing catch up.

In the couple of games he played for Ipswich their fans were pretty happy with his performances, think he’s just been unlucky that the change of manager has happened (we probably should have foreseen that).

lambert was rotating him and the other loans before that I think

Back