• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2020-2021

2 managers not picking him so going to presume this one is on the player...

Could be Cooky isn't interested in him as he is looking at next season. If we wanted we can pull him back to play U23 games. He can look forward to a season in the Swiss Prem next.

Matheson will be fine. He’s still an under 18 player!

As I said when certain people suggested he'd be starting ahead of Doherty this season, it was a calculated punt. Way too much expected of him. Similar to Fabio in as much as his body needs to catch up with the potential before he can be judged

Matheson will be fine. He’s still an under 18 player!
No doubt. When I say on the player, I don't mean ability. Could just be a simple case of not settling at the club. No idea if he has gone down there on his own but he is definitely a lad with a very close relationship with his parents and before covid his Dad seemed to be with him all the time.

Doesn't help when a manager is changed either.

As I said when certain people suggested he'd be starting ahead of Doherty this season, it was a calculated punt. Way too much expected of him. Similar to Fabio in as much as his body needs to catch up with the potential before he can be judged
Anyone who actually thought that is mental tbf.

Think he’s more than a punt tbf. Even if doesn’t make it here, be surprised if we don’t make a profit!

He played twice and seemed to do OK according to Ipswich fans. He was never going to start over the club captain though. I guess not many managers will play an 18 y/o 5 ft 6 who is still a bit lean apart from Rochdale. I wonder why we didn't just loan him back to Rochdale

He might be fine but what are we getting out of a loan if that player isn't even making match day squads. Might as well have kept him here. Waste of everyone's time.
It's still a semi decent experience in that he is training with senior pros, for someone of his age. Not ideal but still something to learn from it. Next season I'd be more worried if he's not getting the game time he needs.

He played twice and seemed to do OK according to Ipswich fans. He was never going to start over the club captain though. I guess not many managers will play an 18 y/o 5 ft 6 who is still a bit lean apart from Rochdale. I wonder why we didn't just loan him back to Rochdale
I'd imagine the loan fee we'd want given the amount we paid for him would be over Rochdale's budget

He might be fine but what are we getting out of a loan if that player isn't even making match day squads. Might as well have kept him here. Waste of everyone's time.
Part of his development. Having to train to impress and deal with not getting selected. Better than training with our 1st team a few times with no chance right now of being selected?

Always looking for the positives since March 2020...

Another full game and clean sheet for Dion Sanderson last night. Only came second in the MOTM poll, though - hope his standards aren't slipping...

Ryan Giles played the last 20 minutes of a 4-1 defeat, while there's still no sign of Matheson at Ipswich...
On Dion Sanderson. Is he the CB we might be looking for? I know he's playing in L1 but he looks decent. Obviously not world class but neither was any CB to begin with. Just asking those who know..

I’d like to see him given a chance in pre-season but my gut feeling is he isn’t quite good enough for us.

Physically I think he’s a superb athlete and easily up to premier league standards. Technically he’s not quite good enough, be that with the ball or without the ball and whilst I think his concentration will improve I don’t think it’s premier league class yet.

Nothing wrong with that and I think he’ll have a good career at Championship level.

If we could somehow fuse Kilman and Sanderson we’d have a hell of a player.

A Championship loan at centre back would be ideal next season. I'd be offering him a new contract just so we can try and get full value (Chelsea style).

Nuno doesn't send 21 year olds out on loan if he thinks they have a future with Wolves

Cheers chaps. i like the look of him to be fair. And he's a local boy. But i'm not a football manager.

From this weekend:

Ryan Giles - Rotherham, The Championship

Played 65 minutes at Bristol City in a big 2-0 win for the Millers.

Dion Sanderson - Sunderland, League One

Played the full game in a 1-1 draw with Lincoln. Could have maybe got across better for their goal and was lucky they didn't concede another after slipping.

Matija Sarkic - Shrewsbury Town, League One.

Got his place back quickly and played in a 1-1 draw with Hull. Couldn't do anything about the goal - screamer.

Rafa Mir - S.D Huesca, La Liga

Played the full game in a 0-0 vs Osasuna. Had a glancing header flash just wide and used his aerial presence again to put a header across goal which was stopped on the line.

Ruben Vinagre - Famalicão, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Another 90 minutes in a 4-0 win at Martimo. No goals or assists but one great run that almost led to a goal.

Christian Herc - MFK Karvina, Czech Premier League

Played 87 minutes of a 1-0 defeat.

Leo Bonatini, Tote Gomes, Connor Ronan - Grasshoppers, Swiss Challenge League (second tier)
Gomes got a full game and Leo and Ronan played 71 and 59 mins respectively in a 3-1 win.

Unused sub: Cutrone,

Not in squad: Matheson, Pardington, Shabani, Burr.

rotherham have a ridiculous fixture pile up next month. They're 3 games behind everyone else. only 3 points from safety too i think?
Could be a really interesting experience for Giles.

Back