• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2020-2021

In the couple of games he played for Ipswich their fans were pretty happy with his performances, think he’s just been unlucky that the change of manager has happened (we probably should have foreseen that).

lambert was rotating him and the other loans before that I think
Not really
Matches under Lambert
Started
Unused sub
Started
Unused sub
Unused sub
Not involved

Since Lambert
Not involved x4

Fair enough, didn’t realise he wasn’t in squad for the last Lambert one. I think he was more likely to get time under Lambert anyway in the long run but can’t expect anything when a new manager comes in.

as I said before if carries on wouldn’t surprise me to see him playing some U23 games for us in mean time. He’s not fully developed physically so will take some bravery on the managers part (the reason he played so much for Rochdale) to pick him too I guess.

Ipswich are having one of those seasons we used to have in the 90s where we're unrelentingly grim, but because the division is shite, we have a fair shot at making the playoffs. So they won't take any risks. Unless he's pulling up trees in training or they get injuries then I doubt he'll play much.

I wouldn't have bothered sending him tbh. We already know he can play in L1, it doesn't prove anything either way.

He'll play at Lg1 level which is always better than u23 games and as YW says he's not physically developed yet.

Got to find the right club and manager.

Why could he not have sent him back to Rochdale like the first season?

Perhaps thought he’d learn more in a different environment rather than more if the same?
Not going to say I know anything about youth development, I don’t. But surely just games is what he needed. It’s not like he’s going to guardiola clone Lambert at Ipswich. Just another shit manager at the same level but with more resources.

Depends what Rochdale want too tbf, they might have a right back of their own they wanted to play.

Depends what Rochdale want too tbf, they might have a right back of their own they wanted to play.
I have no idea how good he is, but surely if he’s even half decent he walks into the team for at least a few clubs at that level?

Tons of clubs have players on loan who are their best player, never seems to be the case at Wolves (MGW could have been that if he didn’t get injured). That means they either aren’t good enough, we’re sending them to the wrong place or a combination.

It's odd as usually just trying with a first team squad would be beneficial for some of the long term academy products, but you wouldn't say that he fitted that given his path, despite being young obviously.

I have no idea how good he is, but surely if he’s even half decent he walks into the team for at least a few clubs at that level?

Tons of clubs have players on loan who are their best player, never seems to be the case at Wolves (MGW could have been that if he didn’t get injured). That means they either aren’t good enough, we’re sending them to the wrong place or a combination.
Sometimes managers are just odd.

Sanderson would still be cover if Jordan Willis wasn't out for the season. Now he's got 4/5 MOTMs

Patrick makes the U21 Euros squad for Italy :D

From the weekend:

Rafa Mir - S.D Huesca, La Liga

Played the full game against Messi and co and bagged a pen in a 4-1 defeat. Missed two tap-ins, but the first one was coming at speed.

Ruben Vinagre - Famalicão, Portuguese Primeira Liga

90 minutes in a 2-2 draw vs Braga. Swung the free-kick that led to the opener and stung the keeper's palms with another.

Meritan Shabani - VVV-Venlo, Eredivisie

Played the first half but didn't make much impact before being subbed.

Christian Herc - MFK Karvina, Czech Premier League

Played a full game in a 2-0 defeat.

Leo Bonatini, Tote Gomes, Connor Ronan and Oskar Burr - Grasshoppers, Swiss Challenge League (second tier)
All four started and everyone got the full game in a 2-1 win except for Leo, who scored a penalty before being subbed off with five minutes to go. In fact, Leo started like a man possessed, flashing two shots just wide and setting up his team mate for the opener. It leaves GHZ top by five points.

On as sub: Cutrone played the last 15 minutes in a 1-0 defeat at Levante.

Unused subs - Sarkic, Pardington
Not in squad - Matheson, Sanderson, Jordao, Campana
No game - Giles

Another full game and clean sheet for Dion Sanderson last night. Only came second in the MOTM poll, though - hope his standards aren't slipping...

Ryan Giles played the last 20 minutes of a 4-1 defeat, while there's still no sign of Matheson at Ipswich...

Back