• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2022/2023

We can call back the younger players to play in U21/23 games when on loan if we want. Can't recall them permanently and play them in 1st team games.

Has Campana officially left us for Miami?
Not going to play anymore anyway as the season is done until March.

No, nothing official there. However he can't play for us until January if he does come back as he's too old to be an U21 player now, and we didn't name him in our squad.

I forecast Yerson Mosquera will give it a last try with Lopetegui but, if he's going nowhere after two years with us at the end of the season, I can see him going back to Colombia. Must be tough too for a young single Colombian to make his way in life in the West Midlands. He's too erratic to defend in the PL and obviously he is not trusted. At 21 and after 18 months of a five year deal he's made some good money with us too. Cannot see how a Spanish club would take him on now as he's done nothing basically at a professional level for 18 months.

He's 21 years old as you say. He's not going anywhere apart from maybe on loan.

Yerson has been to Europe, no way is he going to slip back into the Colombian league. Having put on a Wolves shirt alone means he'll have suitors in leagues that, shall we say, are more reliable in paying wages.

Fair points WsWolf and Alan.
It's an incredibly easy area for MLS and Liga MX (to a somewhat lesser degree IIRC) to poach because of one simple question:

"What if we paid you on time?"

Gutting for him, we've seen with Ennis how serious injuries at that stage of development can completely change the course of a career.

Out of contract in the summer but I expect we will keep him on assuming his recovery goes well.

Gutting for him, we've seen with Ennis how serious injuries at that stage of development can completely change the course of a career.

Out of contract in the summer but I expect we will keep him on assuming his recovery goes well.
I echo that, genuinely gutted for him. Hope he comes back well next season.

I do often wonder how good Ennis would have been. Everyone in and around the [North West - so including the Liverpool and Manchester clubs] academy scene at the time thought he was by far and away the best prospect they'd seen.

I do often wonder how good Ennis would have been. Everyone in and around the [North West - so including the Liverpool and Manchester clubs] academy scene at the time thought he was by far and away the best prospect they'd seen.
I went to this one:

He'd already had injuries...then got some more on top afterwards.

Lambert was going to pick him in his first game at PNE and he broke his leg that week.

Was he unlucky and Cundle didn't think the game would be important and booked a weekend away with the fam?

i suspect that this seasons loans for fabio silva and hoever have proved beyond reasonable doubt that we effectively lost Jots for nothing in return. thanks for that Jeff.

Two assists for Ryan Giles I think. Boro back on track under Carrick it seems

Edit: might even be three actually!

I can’t see Giles as someone we’re going to keep but we’ll definitely be getting a decent fee at this rate.

sorry to reply here. site too slow (30 seconds or more to load a page) to use for me iphone and mac, safari, edge or chrome . it’s been like it for a week now. if i browse site anonymously it works at normal speed.

Back