• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2022/2023

I had some remaining hopes for Hoever still into this season, but he is getting dangerously close to Borthwick-Jackson style flame out, to the extent you'd never belive he ever started in any top flight when you see him in a few years time.
I couldn't believe he started in the top flight last year.
He's absolute garbage.

First one is a great ball in, second one is a delivery learned at Compton and practiced at Molineux.

Weekend roundup:

Dion Sanderson - Birmingham (Championship)

Played the full game in a 2-0 win over QPR. John Ruddy pulled off a fine penalty save to keep the clean sheet.

Luke Cundle - Swansea (Championship)

Played the full game in a 1-1 draw at Bristol City.

Ryan Giles, Middlesbrough - Championship

Played 90 minutes in a 2-1 defeat at Preston, firing in a great corner for their goal.

Taylor Perry - Cheltenham (League One)

Played 75 mins of a goalless draw at home to Oxford.

Christian Marques - Forest Green (League One)

A full game in a 2-0 loss at Barnsley.

Fabio Silva - Anderlecht (Belgian Premier)

Played a full game in their 4-2 win over Eupen, but played no part in their goals.

Bendeguz Bolla and Hayao Kawabe - Grasshoppers Zurich (Swiss Super League)

Both got full games (Kawabe with an assist for Christian Herc) as GHZ lost 3-1 at home to Luzern.

Joe Young - Dartford (National League South)

Played in a 3-0 home win over Weymouth to go second.

Palmi Arinbjornsson - Skeid Oslo

Made his debut in a 1-0 away defeat.

On as sub: Lonwijk started on the bench for Plymouth and only came on for 2nd half stoppage time to help them see out a 4-2 win.

Unused subs: Corbeanu, Hoever.
Not in squad: Richards, O’Shaughnessy, Jordao, Moulden, Campana (injured), Sang-bin.

Any idea what’s happened to Mattheson? Or did Scunthorpe just finish his confidence, he just seems to have disappeared

He was on the subs bench for the U21s the other week, but yeah doesn't seem to be progressing at all.
Poor scouting. I doubt very much we'd have signed him without the publicity he'd got from his Cup games with Rochdale. Thelwell rather than Sellars though I think?

Poor scouting. I doubt very much we'd have signed him without the publicity he'd got from his Cup games with Rochdale. Thelwell rather than Sellars though I think?
£1m is throwaway stuff for us, isn't it.

Lovely kid but doesn't seem he's up to senior football.

A midweek roundup.

Another full game in a 0-0 draw at home to Millwall. Missed a loose ball that let in a forward for a one-on-one, but John Ruddy got him out of jail with a fine save.

Played the full game in a 1-0 defeat at Preston and had a quiet game.

Played 90 minutes in a 3-1 win at Hull. Got a big deflection on his shot which wrongfooted the keeper and sealed the win for Boro. Broke through on goal at the end but put his one-on-one wide.

Ki-Jana Hoever - PSV (Eredivisie)

Played 90 minutes of a 2-1 win at Bodo Glimt with PSV fielding a reserve side in the Europa League. Was initially credited with scoring the opener, but his header off the head of a defender and into the net meant it went down as an OG.

Played a full game in their 2-0 win at Silkeborg that sees them through to the Conference League knock-outs. Apparently played well and picked up an assist for the second.

Louie Moulden - Solihull Moors (National League)

Back in the team and kept a clean sheet in a 0-0 draw at Maidstone.

Played in 5-1 win over Welling

A midweek roundup.

Another full game in a 0-0 draw at home to Millwall. Missed a loose ball that let in a forward for a one-on-one, but John Ruddy got him out of jail with a fine save.

Played the full game in a 1-0 defeat at Preston and had a quiet game.

Played 90 minutes in a 3-1 win at Hull. Got a big deflection on his shot which wrongfooted the keeper and sealed the win for Boro. Broke through on goal at the end but put his one-on-one wide.

Ki-Jana Hoever - PSV (Eredivisie)

Played 90 minutes of a 2-1 win at Bodo Glimt with PSV fielding a reserve side in the Europa League. Was initially credited with scoring the opener, but his header off the head of a defender and into the net meant it went down as an OG.

Played a full game in their 2-0 win at Silkeborg that sees them through to the Conference League knock-outs. Apparently played well and picked up an assist for the second.

Louie Moulden - Solihull Moors (National League)

Back in the team and kept a clean sheet in a 0-0 draw at Maidstone.

Played in 5-1 win over Welling

Looking at all these loan players, I pretty much thought that all of them were nowhere near the standard required, this time last year.

A few of them I couldn’t wait to see the back of.

Now they’d probably all be nailed on in our first team.

Looking at all these loan players, I pretty much thought that all of them were nowhere near the standard required, this time last year.

A few of them I couldn’t wait to see the back of.

Now they’d probably all be nailed on in our first team.
Yes, yes. Of course they would.

Little tip. If you over egg the negativity it rather loses it’s impact.

Weekend roundup:

Played a full game in a 2-1 win at Stoke.

Played just over an hour of their 2-2 draw against Wigan.

Played a full game in a 1-1 draw at home to Bristol City.

Nigel Lonwijk - Plymouth Argyle (League One)

Played 90 minutes at the centre of a defence that let in five at League Two Grimsby in an FA Cup first round horror show.

Christian Marques - Forest Green (League One)

Played a full game at South Shields in a 2-0 cup win. Connor Wickham scored the second from the halfway line.

Bendeguz Bolla and Hayao Kawabe - Grasshoppers Zurich (Swiss Super League)

Both got full games in a 2-1 defeat at bottom club St.Gallen. Bolla actually put Kawabe through for a good chance, but the keeper made an excellent save. Bolla then won the ball off the last man to smash his own one-on-one off the keeper.

Played just over an hour of a goalless draw at Antwerp.

Played as Dartford won 4-1 to go top of the league.

On as sub: Corbeanu came on for the last 10 minutes of Blackpool’s 1-0 defeat at home to Luton.

Unused subs: Moulden, Arinbjornsson
Not in squad: Richards, O’Shaughnessy, Perry, Hoever, Jordao, Sang-Bin
No game: Campana.

Reliably informed that Jordao was at Molineux last night.

Not even been on the bench for any Santa Clara games, I assume he's injured again.

Back