• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2022/2023

He’s been lively and his movements very good but he’s still unrefined technically

It's the consistency that's lacking. There's times where he shows good technical ability but then rushes others and looks clumsy.

Great save from Arreola there, maybe a bit close to him but its powerful and into the ground.

Tried to use the pace to guide it down. Nothing wrong with that but maybe if he tries to plant it near post rather than guiding it then he gives the keeper no chance. That’s being really harsh though, as you risk putting it past the post putting too much on it

It's going to be so good for his development even though in hindsight he'd still have had plenty of game time here. I'm still half convinced there could be a very good player in there. Signing was still a sham though, but the chances of it working out look better now than they did 6 months ago

Groundbreaking reporting here, considering we've basically given him away

1665149288150.png

We've not given him away. We'll get £12m for him as advertised. The press talk shite and don't understand the deal.

I’d say at best the loan fee would be half an even that is wishful thinking. No one is going to pay over half the proposed fee for a loan

If the club don't actually talk to the selling club about players we bring in like Jacqui Oatley says then perhaps those going out are paid for using an honestly box?

It was "the press" who originally said it was 12million.

Then John Percy, who aside from probably Romano is the most reliable journalist going said it was £4.5 million.

I imagine there is a loan fee as well, but i doubt that amounts to 7.5mill.
The press is correct. £4.5m is correct but misleading.

A midweek round-up:

Leo Campana scored a great goal in a 4-1 win over Orlando, although he only lasted half an hour before going off injured. He also played a great one-two and fired an effort just wide a few minutes before that.

Team mate Gonzalo Higuain said this after the game (translated):

"I have suffered injuries in my career, and I know that at this time there are no words to heal the pain ," said Pipita.

The Argentine revealed the intimacy in the dressing room. “ I just hugged him and stayed silent. It hurt me to see him like this. He was a player who had come back very well from his last injury. Right now there are no words to heal what he feels"

Doesn't sound great.

Goal around 30 seconds:

Fabio Silva played the full game against West Ham, and had that bullet header well saved, as mentioned. Still, that's no goals in five games for the 35-million-quid kid.

In the Europa League, Hoever came on for the last 25 minutes or so for PSV in their 5-1 drubbing of FC Zurich. He still found time to nod off, though, and let his man in at the far post to head in a late consolation.

In the Championship, it was Sanderson vs Giles as Boro beat Blues 1-0. Giles was subbed off after 70 minutes, but it was his corner that led to a scramble in the area and the winning goal. Corbeanu came on as sub with half an hour to go at Sunderland, but couldn't help them break the deadlock in a 0-0 draw.

In League One, Taylor Perry played 79 minutes of Cheltenham's 1-0 win over Notlob, and he had a sharp 25-yard effort well saved by the keeper. Lonwijk played an hour of Plymouth's 2-1 win over Sheff Wed - that's eight games unbeaten for them now with him in the team, although he was subbed off, probably because he was 'walking the tightrope' after being booked.

In the National League, Louie Moulden played in a 2-1 win over Wealdstone that puts Moors five points off the top. He flapped at a cross which led to the goal conceded.

Unused sub: Cundle.

Last edited:
Goal for Fabio. Think that’s his first for a few games so probably needed that

Reactions: b3h
Excellent, think that's his first in 5 games.
Had gone 5 games without a goal. Anderlecht have been struggling though. They went 442 today in the second half from 352 and it worked so maybe that will make a difference.

I had some remaining hopes for Hoever still into this season, but he is getting dangerously close to Borthwick-Jackson style flame out, to the extent you'd never belive he ever started in any top flight when you see him in a few years time.

I already couldn’t believe it.

season so far
Fabio Silva 8
Wolves FC 3.

Reactions: b3h
Apologies for the lack of update this week, am on holiday. Will get to it when I get back!

Hoever had a decent cameo off the bench for PSV and got 2 assists in 13 minutes

Back