• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2022/2023

It's weird, you'd want a significant sum of money upfront to loan him with that sort of fee to make it permanent but in that case you may as well have just done it as a permanent deal on day one.
Its all guessing we will never know the true figures.

Perhaps Shi and co actually believed Lage saying he was crap

Thought it was a joke when I saw £4.5m. Have Everton paid a loan fee up front on top of that? (I can’t access the story as it’s behind a paywall).
You'd hope so. £5.5m for a season or £10m permanently, but let's face it after Adama it's probably just wages for the season and £4.5m

Tbf If Lopetegui plays a deeper line then it becomes a fair conversation about binning him over a manager you got rid of a few weeks later. That said I'd still have him as 3rd choice in a 2, although he'd be currently playing
I'm not sure Collins has been *that* magnificent anyway.

But regardless of all that, selling him for 4.5million and then a few weeks later playing your best player at CB as a stop gap is beyond my comprehension. Appalling management from Shi, Sellars and Lage.

I'm not sure Collins has been *that* magnificent anyway.

But regardless of all that, selling him for 4.5million and then a few weeks later playing your best player at CB as a stop gap is beyond my comprehension. Appalling management from Shi, Sellars and Lage.
If you said to me that Collins was 'Emperor's New Clothes' I'd disagree, but could see where given a couple of high profile errors you are coming from. I do think his ceiling is way higher than Coady’s, maybe his floor is lower?

No argument whatsoever on the second paragraph

Wolves are understood to have negotiated such a low fee out of respect for Coady’s achievements at the club…what the actual fuck?

That’s a shocking deal. There hasn’t been a deal that bad since Machin was in PTG.
I was on a date (not with now Mrs DW) the night he swapped peak Alexis Sanchez for Stevan Jovetic and James McCarthy. Idly glanced at my phone when she popped to the loo. Seething.

Never saw her again, when I followed up she said I seemed "distracted" so we weren't a good fit.

If you said to me that Collins was 'Emperor's New Clothes' I'd disagree, but could see where given a couple of high profile errors you are coming from. I do think his ceiling is way higher than Coady’s, maybe his floor is lower?

No argument whatsoever on the second paragraph
Given Collins age, he's been good, but he does seem to make a major error every game. (2 in the City game) but that's down to experience, i like him, he's a player likely to have periods of good and bad form, and i agree with the bold above, which is why having an experienced fairly consistent back up CB would have been a very good option.

Sellars, Lage etc clearly thought differently.

However i wasn't too worried about our CB options until it became clear that Lage didn't rate either Mosquera or Toti, it now seems fucking outrageous that we flogged all of Dendoncker, Coady and Boly for what? About 20million and then play our best player at CB! 🤣 😭

Sanchez didn't really go on to do.much that season... Honest.

Given Collins age, he's been good, but he does seem to make a major error every game. (2 in the City game) but that's down to experience, i like him, he's a player likely to have periods of good and bad form, and i agree with the bold above, which is why having an experienced fairly consistent back up CB would have been a very good option.

Sellars, Lage etc clearly thought differently.

However i wasn't too worried about our CB options until it became clear that Lage didn't rate either Mosquera or Toti, it now seems fucking outrageous that we flogged all of Dendoncker, Coady and Boly for what? About 20million and then play our best player at CB! 🤣 😭
Don’t forget we let Saiss go as well.

Given the loan to buy was to help ease Everton finances I can't see there being any sort of decent loan fee, not to justify that low an option.

He’s been lively and his movements very good but he’s still unrefined technically

I didn't realize Amadou Diawara was at Anderlecht these days. Not really lived up to the hype, has he?

Great movement again to get the opportunity. Not really sure what more he could have done.

Back