• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2022/2023

Dammit, I can't even have a proper pop because I like Joel and don't want to besmirch the whole of Benfica.
Hah! I want nothing to do with this discussion. Fire away. In the end, it's all internet football banter. I'll post my thoughts later, current at a dinner

Hah! I want nothing to do with this discussion. Fire away. In the end, it's all internet football banter. I'll post my thoughts later, current at a dinner
I was gonna bring up the prostitution allegations… But that was making it more about Benfica than anything being said here.

Wrong boogeyman.

I was gonna bring up the prostitution allegations… But that was making it more about Benfica than anything being said here.

Wrong boogeyman.
That was Porto though, back in the 90s and early 00s.

Wrong boogeyman.

Amazing football knowledge there.

Dammit, I can't even have a proper pop because I like Joel and don't want to besmirch the whole of Benfica.
I'm sure Joel knows we can see the difference between his good self and the troll

That was Porto though, back in the 90s and early 00s.
There were allegations about Benfica trying to set up referees with prostitutes around 2018, I recall?

No idea if anything came of it, but I suppose I wasn’t too worried about that if I had pulled the troll off.

I'm sure Joel knows we can see the difference between his good self and the troll
Aye, but if someone was taking down THM by going after the club it would be massively annoying, even if THM deserved it.

I’ve no problem with Guedes. Some players can hack the Premier League, some can’t - look at Vitinha. More annoyed we wasted £27m to find it out really.

I’ve no problem with Guedes. Some players can hack the Premier League, some can’t - look at Vitinha. More annoyed we wasted £27m to find it out really.
I share this opinion. Good players don't work out everywhere, doesn't make them worse for that. Sometimes they don't adjust well, or they don't like the place, or they don't mesh well with the team, manager, etc; It happens. Hopefully, it will work out for all parties involved.

After all these years of cleaning the floor with your football knowledge and you're still calling me the troll?
They're calling you a troll for this attitude, mate. Nothing else. Exhibit A.

There were allegations about Benfica trying to set up referees with prostitutes around 2018, I recall?

No idea if anything came of it, but I suppose I wasn’t too worried about that if I had pulled the troll off.
Were there? Never encountered that, I think. But there have been a lot of allegations since 2017/18, when Porto got a hold of over 10 years of internal correspondence from Benfica, went to their TV channel and read truncated and out-of-context emails live on TV for months. Most of the people involved have been convicted of a series of crimes over this.

Cheers for the context, Joel.

Fabio off to PSV then. I hope he plays enough for them as at least he was getting lots of minutes for Anderlecht. If he does well there it might put the Gakpo transfer into perspective!

Imagine he'll be back up to Luuk de Jong as they play a front 3.

Back