• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lockdown and wildlife

First chiffchaf heard just now. Spring here.

I saw a brilliant and funny Tiktok video yesterday which was two dogs shagging on a moving car. Please post it on here you young uns..

Can't see another 'wildlife' thread so I'll use this one.
Some observations over the last few weeks on our little section of canal.
We have 2 pairs off nesting swans, currently one has just hatched, the other very close I think. The interesting thing is that neither pair have driven off all last years young, they're still around the nests, never seen that before.
Also an absolute explosion of tadpoles this year, far more than the previous 2 years. Dunno if that's weather conditions during hatching or just a cyclic thing.

I also see swan nests fairly regularly as I live right next to the river. So when I go for a walk there are a few favoured spots they use most years.

I never seem to spot the young ones at the nest though. Like you say they are usually gone.

I have seen a few families of red kangaroos in the property over the road lately. They just sit there watching you and then all bound off after a bit.

These were very defo wild fuckers. They really are a decent size even here. Christ knows what the really big reds in the centre are like. Sort of like Godzilla with a neighbours accent I imagine.

These were very defo wild fuckers. They really are a decent size even here. Christ knows what the really big reds in the centre are like. Sort of like Godzilla with a neighbours accent I imagine.
Photo's or they don't exist Will :ROFLMAO:

I hear kangaroos can be very aggressive and dangerous. Big strong fuckers with massive claws on their feet that can rip you a new one very quickly.

Why don't you go and fight one and come back and let us know?

I have seen a few families of red kangaroos in the property over the road lately. They just sit there watching you and then all bound off after a bit.
Why do I have an image of a bunch of kangaroos sitting in the window of the property opposite, staring across the road whispering to each other - Its the lesser spotted Pominus Paddingtonus, best steer clear of this one.

Tell them to give it a kick, see what happens.

"Can be..."

Why do I have an image of a bunch of kangaroos sitting in the window of the property opposite, staring across the road whispering to each other - Its the lesser spotted Pominus Paddingtonus, best steer clear of this one.
You've been reading The Far Side again, haven't you?

My favourite kangaroo video is the one where it’s got a dog in a headlock, dogs owner runs over and punches it, roo has a look on its face of “ calm down mate, just Bantz with the dog ffs”

Maya the Osprey landed back at Rutland Water today after her 15th winter in Africa, so it must be the start of spring :) Lamped it down and was freezing all day. You sometimes wonder why they don’t stay somewhere cheerier!!

In case anyone is interested on this thread, thought I’d share something that’s free and been absolutely great. I’m no expert on birds by the way, let alone a twitcher (god forbid)! A year or two ago I downloaded an app called ‘Merlin’ on the recommendation of an RSPB warden. You can use it on your phone to listen to birdsong (in the garden, park, whatever) and it immediately tells you what the bird is. It’s great, and every now and again has turned something pretty rare up that you can then look a bit closer at the tree and spot - though that’s optional too :) Within my limited abilities I can confirm it’s accurate.

Thought I’d mention given the spring birdsong on my walk this morning.

In case anyone is interested on this thread, thought I’d share something that’s free and been absolutely great. I’m no expert on birds by the way, let alone a twitcher (god forbid)! A year or two ago I downloaded an app called ‘Merlin’ on the recommendation of an RSPB warden. You can use it on your phone to listen to birdsong (in the garden, park, whatever) and it immediately tells you what the bird is. It’s great, and every now and again has turned something pretty rare up that you can then look a bit closer at the tree and spot - though that’s optional too :) Within my limited abilities I can confirm it’s accurate.

Thought I’d mention given the spring birdsong on my walk this morning.
Good shout, I thought the bird song this morning was fantastic - was just after the end of rain and as the sun came up.

Back