• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Luton (A) 23/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say Bentley is better than Sa but as I said the other day, it's a keeper I don't trust at all vs a keeper I don't think is good enough. There's a fag paper of distance between those two definitions.

If nothing else, you should underline to Sa that continually doing stupid things (and he does) comes with real life consequences. Then he might stop being a prick.

GFFH did make a good point a few weeks ago and that's that home fans have lost patience with Sa. His mistake on Saturday was poor, although as I said that evening I didn't have an issue with the decision making, just the execution, but ultimately the ball was on the half way line, there's a long way before that becomes a goal. The collective not a fucking gain in the ground, self included, is a decent barometer of where he's at. I wouldn't pick Bentley ahead of him before that becomes untenable, but that's not too far away on current trajectory

And that "howler" should never, ever lead to a goal anyway.
Well we could also look at someone knocking in a pea roller of a shot in at his near stick if we want to analyse it.

I can't believe you don't think he's a problem despite the masses of evidence that he is.

He's even already diving to his left there and he still doesn't get to the ball.

The state of the defending on that play was atrocious, though, it really shouldn't have got to that point in the first place. But sometimes it happens and that's when you need your keeper to bail you out.

Well we could also look at someone knocking in a pea roller of a shot in at his near stick if we want to analyse it.

I can't believe you don't think he's a problem despite the masses of evidence that he is.
When have I said he isn't a problem? I just don't think the "solutions" of Bentley or Sam fucking Johnstone sort the problem out, they make it worse.

He's even already diving to his left there and he still doesn't get to the ball.

The state of the defending on that play was atrocious, though, it really shouldn't have got to that point in the first place. But sometimes it happens and that's when you need your keeper to bail you out.

There wouldn't have been a point if Rubber Leg didn't kick like a toddler.

............................ Sa

Semedo - Dawson - Santi - RAN

................. Lemina - Gomes

..... Bellegarde - Cunha - Neto

............................Sasa

I'd like to fit Doyle in somehow though, because I thought he looked alright in his cameo. Comfortable and passed it around confidently. Plus in a side who don't score many goals his direct free-kicks and set pieces could be invaluable.

View attachment 8352

Should a Premier League keeper be beaten really easily near side there, when it's not for pure Hasselbaink style power?

(Note Captain Shite absolutely nowhere near where he should be)
xG 0.49 on that chance, feel you're being more than harsh on Sa there.

Compared to Alisson diving behind the line in an attempt to stop Hwang scoring a 0.08xG effort I've little complaint.

xG 0.49 on that chance, feel you're being more than harsh on Sa there.

Compared to Alisson diving behind the line in an attempt to stop Hwang scoring a 0.08xG effort I've little complaint.
Post shot of 0.75. I’m not looking at my keeper for this one even before considering the stats

It's a big chance, don't get me wrong.

Rolling it in like that though?

It's a big chance, don't get me wrong.

Rolling it in like that though?
We really need the blame game thread.

Firstly I don’t think your criticism of Kilman is fair here. He’s looking after Nunez and we’re a bit all over the shop anyway as we haven’t reset after the corner. I don’t think he’s realistically out of position. A FB running into space between two CBs is what your midifielders should be dealing with.

Secondly Sa has come out to try and narrow the angle and Robertson has taken it early before he’s even set himself or able to react. He’s tucked it away nicely in the corner whereas anything more central or with his right foot going across goal likely hits him. Good run, good finish. Not one of the CMs does anything to stop it.

Just to annoy everyone, Sa is actually currently way ahead in "crossess stopped", both in terms of number (15) and percentage (21%)

Next highest percente is 12.8 and number is 9.

Obviously there are different factors at play in how teams set up and how they expect a GK to play, but wanted to mentiom as having not been a Sa fan i had noticed he has been a lot more aggressive at coming and claiming high balls into the box.

I've got a feeling (based on no evidence) that S. Bueno is only going to be seen if ;

A) we have injuries to the current CB pairing/ in cup games

B) if and when we play with 3 CBs

I don't agree with it but I don't think he's going to drop either of the current 2 out of choice.

I’m at the point where GO loses credit simply by not trying something else at CB.

Definitely agree . Not trying a different centre back pairing or trying something different would be poor management if it doesn't happen soon .
What's to lose with starting Gomes ( Toti ) back there with Dawson - even 3 centre backs , just shake it up .

I've got a feeling (based on no evidence) that S. Bueno is only going to be seen if ;

A) we have injuries to the current CB pairing/ in cup games

B) if and when we play with 3 CBs

I don't agree with it but I don't think he's going to drop either of the current 2 out of choice.
Kilman is captain and Dawson is the experienced 'proper' defender.

Everyone in Molineux can see that pairing is a huge weakness, at Compton they'll be viewing it as a strength.

O'Neil doesn't have the balls to make the decision to drop his own captain less than a year into his managerial career.

Tbf LL said when he was signed it was for squad depth not the first 11. Toti covers Kilman, he does Dawson

Everyone in Molineux can see that pairing is a huge weakness, at Compton they'll be viewing it as a strength.
Thing is, under Lop it was a strength (at least at home), and GON will be thinking he can replicate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back