• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Luton (A) 23/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see we've got another bunch of cheating minnow cunts in the PL now to go with Bournemouth and Brentford...

Unfortunately that red card means we won't be seeing any strikers most likely and my guess is he'll try and pack the midfield using subs second half to try and "control" the game.

Doyle on for Hwang, maybe the full-backs will change but that's it. We'll be playing for a 0-0 now and if we get it GON will laud it as a good point because of rhe sending off.

Agreed. It looks bad in slow motion but it’s no different to a player pushing an opponent who is holding him. At normal speed it’s a push not a kick.
It is different because he used his studs.

Shocking half. Don't think we mustered a single shot.

Atrocious half and yet it’s all still there for us.

Lockyer can get in the fucking sea. Preferably a cold one.

We're absolutely nailed on for the bottom three. Complete and utter shite all across the pitch

Very strange and baffling first half

Started abysmally, naturally Luton we’re always going to be at it for first 20mins. Starting Neto on the right was a baffling choice. We needed to weather the storm, which we did, but not by our own doing. More so Luton being pretty crap

Change to a back 5 worked, when we were on the ball looked superior, got Neto in the game on the left. Neto and Ran combining down left looks fairly exciting IMO

Red card then changes game again. Dick move by lockyear, but he kicks out, it’s a clear red, totally needless.

Wouldn’t suprise me if we go and win 2nd half playing on the counter

When Sasa fit, we’d be better off playing him through the middle and dropping Cunha (that’s if Jean isn’t suspended Ofcourse)

Dreadful. No one was good. Poor set up. Started to get into and get a man sent off. Shambles

I’d bring Sasa on for Hwang and stick Cunha out on to the right.

That said, laughable tactics and approach from the outset meant we were up against it from the off. Then as soon as you appear to be growing in to the game (I say that very loosely as we still couldn’t muster a shot), we find ourselves down to 10 men and that’s that.

Clueless from GoN, but the players have also been appalling. We stink of relegation and now we’re hoping to hold on for a draw against Luton. Fucking Luton Town.

Out-shithoused, out-fought, out-thought and out-played.

At least it's still level, but there's not much evidence so far that half-time is a positive experience for us, so I expect a conservative sub and a 1-0 loss 2nd half

It's bullshit that the context of the 'kick' is not taken into account with a decision like that.

The Luton player is being a cunt, deliberately obstructing Bellegarde, who can't get up to join an attack. He stupidly loses his cool and has a poke at him, but it's in response to a professional foul.

In a sensible world decisions like this wouldn't be given as reds, and I feel for Bellegarde a bit as it's out of frustration.

I don't get why he isn't playing Sasa anyway. He gave him 60 minutes in the cup game and since then he's either been unused or got less than 10 minutes off the bench. How is he ever supposed to get match fit if he never plays any minutes

He’s trying to get up and play the game, the Luton player is stopping him unfairly, who’s the instigator? Stupid and gives ref opportunity to send him off but I still think a good ref would look at the whole incident and give him the benefit of the doubt. Studs or not his action was not enough to cause the Luton player to react as if he’d been king fu kicked.

Mindless from Bellegarde but a massive overreaction from Lockyer. He had less reaction to his heart stopping in the playoffs last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back