• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City (H) 30/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's WH with his match reporting? Id like to know whats going on in the actual game.

Not much atm, both sides just having a lot of passing around. City just had a few fruitless free kicks though

You can’t dribble it out every single time, RAN.

This place is fucking weird.

Parking the bus like this is universally panned against anyone else, suddenly it’s City and it’s the smart thing to do and Cunha somehow is playing higher up the pitch live than he is on TV.

I’m truly at a loss here.
My word. There’s nothing weird here?

I’ll help you out with the questions.
How do you get bodies up the pitch? You either play long and play for the second ball, better make sure you win it or they are in behind. Or you pass through them. Not very easy.

How do you get the ball up there? See above.

How did we score the goal ?

Neto ball down the right, dribbled past two all the way to the box, took it at a tight angle just outside the penalty area, tried to slot a pass across goal which got deflected in. A great solo effort with a sprinkle of luck.

Never mind that. How far is Cunha in front of our defence?

25 yards

Last edited:
How did we score the goal ?
Neto ran away from two city players by himself getting us about 50 yards up the pitch and then his cross deflected in past Ederson off the outstretched leg of Dias.

There's a difference between parking the bus and defending deep and narrow to restrict space.

At least we're trying to counter as much as possible. I don't see the issue or why we'd do any different against a free scoring side like this.
Okay, here maybe is the heart of the issue.

I don’t know what this is supposed to mean.

When has any team ever defended deep and yet not tried to counter? The idea of it makes absolutely no sense to me. Maybe you’re defending deep and countering badly, but when has it ever been the case that a team has really, seriously been drawing or losing and just gives up trying to do anything? That’s totally anathema to the whole idea of sport.

I understand playing this deep. But I think it’s flawed and unsustainable thinking when the opposition are loaded with players who can turn a quarter of chance from basically anywhere into a goal.

What we’re doing feels like dropping a puck down Pedro Plinko and hoping for the best.

It would be nice to hope that they play well second half for a change.

Some of these counters have looked decent but then we inevitably pass backwards when players don’t have 20yards of clear space for a pass

I will say that the players are working their socks off which is a major positive after I thought we still looked super timid against Ipswich.

Some nice little spells of possession, but it's going to be really hard to sustain this obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back