• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 0-1 Wolves: Verdict and Vic burnt his backside thread.

I didn’t see it because I was too busy looking at my mates wondering what the fuck he was doing.

For a technically gifted player it’s almost a dream opportunity. Wrap your foot round that and with the pace on the ball your at worse forcing a good save if you hit the target.

Said at the time, trying to be too clever for his own good. At Barca someone is running onto that and either plays him in or has a good attempt at goal under no pressure but we don't have the players committed to attacks for that. Still early days with him for me, he's not aggressive enough in his play but hopefully that will come, once he gets that part sorted we might have a player.

We're going to get some properly silly bids for him this summer if the hype around him keeps building like this.

No reason to pollute this forum with country music...

Sorry but I don't buy the argument that Silva "had to do something" for the high boot at the end.

Look at the still below. It was Phil Jones, and he was about to head it forwards straight down into the path of either Semedo or Moutinho. Even if Jones did somehow manage to keep possession he had no real shot or pass on and would have been engulfed immediately.

IMG_20220105_115305.jpg

Still a decent cameo though, that aside. But it could easily have cost us without a good save from Sa.

Sorry but I don't buy the argument that Silva "had to do something" for the high boot at the end.

Look at the still below. It was Phil Jones, and he was about to head it forwards straight down into the path of either Semedo or Moutinho. Even if Jones did somehow manage to keep possession he had no real shot or pass on and would have been engulfed immediately.

View attachment 4836

Still a decent cameo though, that aside. But it could easily have cost us without a good save from Sa.

I can see your point, to an extent. I would imagine in that position you make a challenge. There is a United player to the right as well.if he doesn’t make a challenge Jones potentially doesn’t go in with his head. Lots of different variables.

He has to do something, clearly chose the wrong option. Luckily it didn’t cost us.

I can see your point, to an extent. I would imagine in that position you make a challenge. There is a United player to the right as well.if he doesn’t make a challenge Jones potentially doesn’t go in with his head. Lots of different variables.

He has to do something, clearly chose the wrong option. Luckily it didn’t cost us.

Maybe if he doesn't do something then United score from open play.

As it stands, we didn't concede so with the benefit of hindsight he chose the right option 👍

Maybe if he doesn't do something then United score from open play.

As it stands, we didn't concede so with the benefit of hindsight he chose the right option 👍
That's silly, he gave away a free kick in a dangerous position. It was a terrible decision.

Sa gets him out of jail.

That's silly, he gave away a free kick in a dangerous position. It was a terrible decision.

Sa gets him out of jail.
I wasn't worried. Penandes couldn't score from five yards...

Taking Fabio to task for that particular foul seems very nitpicky to me. We've seen Moutinho and Neves give up free kicks in those positions before. It happens. The important thing is that we have a GK who can bail us out in those situations, which is exactly what Sa did yesterday.

Team game ay it

Taking Fabio to task for that particular foul seems very nitpicky to me. We've seen Moutinho and Neves give up free kicks in those positions before. It happens. The important thing is that we have a GK who can bail us out in those situations, which is exactly what Sa did yesterday.

Team game ay it
Again this is stupid.

You don't fall back on your last line of defence if you don't have to.

If players don't make stupid fouls in the first place they don't put the team under pressure.

Then don't ask Sa to suit up as he's only called on when someone else fucks up first?

Players are going to make mistakes, it is inevitable. What matters is whether or not the rest of the team can rise up to overcome those mistakes. We can, and we often do.

That's a huge part of what makes watching us so enjoyable at the moment. We're a proper team.

Back